- Flower Manager - New Business Development / Kenya
- Regional Sales Manager
- Managing Director, UK
- Teelt Specialist Potplanten
- Sales Manager Bio / Netherlands
- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- “Significantly better results with new Iron fertilizers”
- What is the status of tomato brown rugose fruit virus in Europe?
- Race to emission-free greenhouse cultivation pushes growers to keep innovating
- BASF’s vegetable seeds and IUNU partner to advance digital phenotyping for hydroponic lettuce
- Infarm to make strategy shift, cuts 500 jobs
Top 5 -last month
- "Our foliage plants grow bigger, faster, and more efficiently"
- "You can't grow on water without lights"
- "High-tech farmer AppHarvest is running out of money"
- Mobile aeroponic system requires less maintenance and guarantees even irrigation
- German family company switches from tomato cultivation to hydroponic lettuce
Syngenta's profit declines, sees growth ahead
“For the second half of the year we expect an acceleration of underlying sales growth based on the positive outlook for Latin America and Asia Pacific,” Chief Executive Officer Michael Mack said in a statement today.
Mack, who became chief of Basel-based Syngenta in 2008, wants to almost double sales to $25 billion by 2020, buoyed by a company-wide reorganization along crop lines and purchases of new technologies. Syngenta has stepped up acquisitions in the last year, using spare cash to buy listed hybrid-rice seed-maker Devgen for $523 million, US based Sunfield Seeds Inc., and most recently announcing the purchase of Zambia-based MRI, a maker of white corn seed.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-12-09 Rooftop Greenhouse Agrotopia wins the World Architecture Festival (WAF) Award 2022
- 2022-12-09 Solis Agrosciences raises growth capital in expanded round
- 2022-12-09 Digital biology meets traditional agriculture to advance plant trait development
- 2022-12-09 Havatec takes over estate and clients from Jamafa
- 2022-12-09 AdeptAg acquires Plantech
- 2022-12-09 Prins USA becomes part of GreenV
- 2022-12-08 Canada: GoodLeaf Farms receives about $110mln to expand nationally
- 2022-12-08 Circular bioplastics offer solution for climate crisis and growing resource consumption
- 2022-12-08 Acquisition of Penny UK by Power Plastics
- 2022-12-08 Energy screens: work smarter, not harder
- 2022-12-08 Trinity Natural Capital Markets welcomes the development of the UK Soil Carbon Code
- 2022-12-08 ToBRFV virus: a pragmatic approach
- 2022-12-07 Equitable Food Initiative elects new board member
- 2022-12-07 US (KY): Square Roots opens new indoor farm in Shepherdsville
- 2022-12-07 "We use robotics, machine imaging and AI to automate tomato harvesting"
- 2022-12-07 "The trend is somewhat moving away from cocktail tomatoes in favor of the plainer TOVs"
- 2022-12-07 "Increasing demand for coco substrate and sustainable cultivation systems with circular fertilizers"
- 2022-12-07 US: 'Designed to create larger impacts with less operating costs'
- 2022-12-07 The Veggie team experiments on ISS are part of NASA's effort to provide "Space Plant Biology" of sustainable fresh food production
- 2022-12-07 NZ: Green crops as an alternative nitrogen source