- Teeltspecialisten Engeland
- Commercial Support Coordinator (32-40 hours)
- Sr Construction Project Manager
- China country manager
- Commercial Key Account Manager
- Agriculture Sales engineer France & European zone
- Cultivation specialist / Growers for Amerika
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager
- Area Manager South Germany
- Senior Buyer | Fresh Produce | Ireland
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- One of Sweden's largest tomato growers to stop cultivation during winter
- Wasabi grower discovering new greenhouse crops
- UK strawberry grower uses UV-light robot to keep powdery mildew at bay
- Gotham Greens raises $310M to accelerate national greenhouse expansion
- Drones fly through tomato rows in International Greenhouse Challenge
EU grants $6 million for Tanzanian horticulture support
"This support aims at providing support on key commodities which offer opportunities for pro-poor trade, such as... horticulture," the EU Ambassador to Tanzania, Filiberto Sebregondi said.
Mr. Sebregondi said; "The present support will contribute to the development of the horticultural industry, increasing production income generation and consumption of fresh horticultural produce in Tanzania.
"The projects to be supported should be demand-driven from horticulture stakeholders to exploit the fast growing demand and market opportunities available at the national, regional and international markets but should also contribute to a long term goal of strengthening the capacity of the sector," he said.
On his part the Deputy National Authorising Officer for European Development Fund (EDF), Mr. Samuel Marwa expressed the government's appreciation to the EU and its member States for the support.
"The government appreciates the timely decision by the EU and its member states to allocate funds for financing the horticultural sub-sector in Tanzania...this support has come at the right time given the challenges being faced by the horticulture sub-sector," he said.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-09-26 SA: Johannesburg engineer build hop farm on rooftop
- 2022-09-20 Kenya: ‘Vertical garden’ delivers up to 5kg of strawberries a month
- 2022-09-20 UK strawberry grower uses UV-light robot to keep powdery mildew at bay
- 2022-09-16 "Biggest disaster would be bad weather in southern Europe, then we will have empty shelves"
- 2022-09-12 From finance to growing: 1st gen Nigerian grower goes for hydroponics
- 2022-09-09 15-20% drop in production as a cautionary measure
- 2022-09-05 Bringing Senegalese agriculture full circle with organics and aquaculture
- 2022-09-02 Wasabi grower discovering new greenhouse crops
- 2022-09-01 Hydroponics are blossoming in the African slums
- 2022-08-26 Finka San Antonio cuts the ribbon on its 22-hectare greenhouse
- 2022-08-25 Japanese growers use drones to check vegetables from the sky
- 2022-08-25 Flush of organic Heirloom tomatoes is short term
- 2022-08-19 Grower eyes 20ha strawberry expansion to meet skyrocketing demand in Canada
- 2022-08-16 Angelique Chen designs device to simplify small-space farming
- 2022-08-16 Berry farm cluster model from Panama to the globe
- 2022-08-12 US: Larry Ellison is feeding Hawaii from his high-tech hydroponic farm on Lanai
- 2022-08-12 Technology upgrades and a brand refresh for Australian strawberry producer
- 2022-08-12 Special restaurant experience: 3D visualization of the food's journey to your plate
- 2022-08-11 James, Jack and the 13 feet cucumber plant
- 2022-08-10 UK: "Now into its 16th season, this site is still extremely efficient"