- Commercial Manager Spain
- Crop Farm Manager Sharjah
- Commercial Manager Soft Fruits
- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
- Experienced International Trade Specialist
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Produce Purchase Agreement with McCaffrey’s Market:
US: 1.26 million financing for Brightfarms greenhouse in Pennsylvania
The fund is a Philadelphia-based community development financing institution, which uses public and private funds to invest in community development initiatives that are often ignored by conventional lenders. The money will go toward constructing the 53,000-square-foot greenhouse, which will produce up to 500,000 pounds of fresh produce every year and is expected to create up to 10 jobs when completed.
BrightFarms and McCaffrey’s Market signed the grocery industry’s first long-term Produce Purchase Agreement (PPA), marking a shift in the produce supply chain.
BrightFarms will deliver year-round local produce to McCaffrey’s, an independent grocery with stores in Pennsylvania and New Jersey. The 50,000-square-foot, Yardley, PA, greenhouse will grow around 500,000 pounds of produce per year.
BrightFarms will also supply restaurants in Philadelphia through its partnership with John Vena, Inc., a local, family-owned and operated wholesale produce business.
BrightFarms’ local produce is harvested when ripe and delivered within hours. It will taste better, last longer, and be grown using sustainable methods.
In addition to providing food to McCaffrey's, the greenhouse is also expected to sell produce to area Superfresh stores and John Vena Inc., a wholesale produce business in Philadelphia.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-06-27 Photo report of Finnish supermarkets
- 2022-06-21 Queensland: Drought preparedness, research, and pest control in $608 million budget
- 2022-05-27 UAE: Coop indoor farm covers 30% of the consumption of cooperative branches
- 2022-05-26 Organic salad bowls now in separable cardboard tray
- 2022-05-09 Discounter offers cucumbers for €4.65 per kg
- 2022-05-03 Why are vegetables grown in Singapore pricier than imported greens?
- 2022-03-21 Japanese artist carves gorgeous objects from fruits and vegetables
- 2022-03-14 Date marking related visual cues can reduce food waste
- 2022-02-11 Green Life Farms supplies herbs and leafy greens to Farmer Joe’s market
- 2022-02-09 “As long as the French origin is not on the market, we will not sell any strawberries”
- 2022-01-20 Lidl gives green light to LEAF Marque on UK fresh produce
- 2021-11-05 "Greenhouse ginger has a stronger flavor than imported ginger"
- 2021-10-01 Tesco applies strict measures for UK growers
- 2021-09-14 Australian industry faces largest rise in food prices in more than a decade
- 2021-08-30 More visibility for regionality and the strengthening of Austrian producers
- 2021-08-30 Co-op chief says current food shortages are worst he’s ever seen
- 2021-08-27 New look for Lidl store in Lustenau
- 2021-08-24 Chain two days shorter in winter with local cucumbers all year-round at Albert Heijn
- 2021-08-13 Retailers try to address UK lorry driver shortage
- 2021-08-09 Driscoll’s transitions to include online sales