- Senior Commercial Manager (Sales and Procurement)
- Packing Supervisor
- Head Grower Greenhouse Canada
- Post Entry Quarantine Facility Manager
- Economic Policy Officer Agri-Tech Kentucky
- Licensing Manager North America
- Junior Sales Executive
- Fruit Breeder/Trait Discovery Scientist
- General Manager
- Regional Sales Manager – DACH Region
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- How farmers are cutting out supermarkets
- Combining vertical farming and greenhouse horticulture to decentralize lettuce production
- Mexico: Rising Farms boosts capacity fivefold
- Higher light transmission and lower heat demand with double foil greenhouse
- Fresh produce chain hit by Lakeside Produce’s bankruptcy
Spain: Enormous shortages of Spanish vegetables
“Other vegetables are also in thin supply. Iceberg lettuce, aubergine and courgette aren’t available in sufficient quantities. Even pepper prices are expected to rise in the coming weeks. We’ve always had higher prices this time of year, but never this much. You’re not likely to encounter 5 Euro courgettes under normal circumstances.
“Last week aubergine were doing fine. They fetched around 6 Euro. Now that price is up to 11 Euro. These aren’t realistic anymore. Still, many buyers need to get them to meet long-term arrangements with retailers. This isn’t a healthy market. A production surplus is bad, but this is worse. We need to go back to the middle road.”
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-02-06 Currency devaluation enhances Egyptian competitiveness in the Gulf markets
- 2023-02-06 CAN (ON): Greenhouse industry experiencing growing pains
- 2023-02-06 "With an early Easter, it's vital that we get this product available"
- 2023-02-06 First producers' organization for fresh herbs founded in Italy
- 2023-02-06 The Greenery auctions Qcumber's first cucumbers for charity
- 2023-02-03 The Government of Spain will pay 300 million euro to farmers because of increased fertilizer prices
- 2023-02-03 California canning tomato price at record high
- 2023-02-03 "At the moment, the supply of vegetables available in Almeria is insufficient to meet the demand"
- 2023-02-03 Laredo District in Texas is number 1 for US-Mexico agricultural trade
- 2023-02-02 EU consumers save on food and buy less organic in 2022
- 2023-02-02 High cucumber pricing factors into the 'salad category' demand
- 2023-02-02 India: Uttarakhand government to construct 50,000 poly houses in state: CM Dhami
- 2023-02-02 In 2022, the average price paid to Andalusian tomato producers was the highest of the last ten years
- 2023-02-02 First Dutch aubergines back on shelves
- 2023-02-02 "70% of tomatoes in supermarket are now of foreign origin"
- 2023-02-01 Swiss greenhouses to operate without fossil fuels by 2040
- 2023-02-01 "In February, there will be a production gap in cucumbers, zucchinis, and eggplants"
- 2023-02-01 Spanish and Dutch pepper sales in the EU decrease while Moroccan pepper sales grow
- 2023-02-01 Long-term impact of California rains on strawberries unknown
- 2023-02-01 "Cucumbers had a good season, so more tomato growers have switched to them"