- Grower and Project Planner Vertical Farming - Aarhus - Denmark
- Financieel Administratief medewerk(st)er
- Territory Manager - Brazil/South America, Argentina, Ecuador, Columbia
- Senior Product Coordinator Beans
- Sales manager
- Head of Sales
- Medewerker Productmanagement
- Sales Manager - Germany
- Associate Director International Procurement: Produce - Berlin
- International Procurement Manager - Berlin
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- Whitefly prevention with liquid nutritional plant enhancer
- Derek Hargreaves ‘A Remarkable Man’
- "The number of high-tech greenhouses in Poland has grown significantly in recent years"
- CAN (ON): “We are moving into the strawberry category as a united front"
- "We can produce up to 2.5 times more from the same acreage"
Top 5 -last month
- "The container is essential to determine the quality of the plant"
- Finland: 11.000m2 hybrid vertical farm constructed near Helsinki
- Here are last year's best read articles: vertical farming, strawberries and sustainable initiatives
- “I have to throw away my crops because of energy prices”
- "In a decade, only a handful of greenhouse companies will survive"
Spain: Enormous shortages of Spanish vegetables
“Other vegetables are also in thin supply. Iceberg lettuce, aubergine and courgette aren’t available in sufficient quantities. Even pepper prices are expected to rise in the coming weeks. We’ve always had higher prices this time of year, but never this much. You’re not likely to encounter 5 Euro courgettes under normal circumstances.
“Last week aubergine were doing fine. They fetched around 6 Euro. Now that price is up to 11 Euro. These aren’t realistic anymore. Still, many buyers need to get them to meet long-term arrangements with retailers. This isn’t a healthy market. A production surplus is bad, but this is worse. We need to go back to the middle road.”
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-01-25 Giant capsicums appearing in Australian supermarkets
- 2022-01-25 "Paying in local currency could save European plant exporters plenty of money"
- 2022-01-25 Fresh produce prices expected to soar
- 2022-01-25 The 10 hottest chili peppers in the world
- 2022-01-25 "If you grow organic spinach you are onto a winner"
- 2022-01-25 India among largest exporters of cucumbers and gherkins
- 2022-01-25 'US consumers see impact of shipping backlogs and high truck rates when they do their shopping'
- 2022-01-25 "Spanish raspberry cultivation increasingly moving to Morocco"
- 2022-01-25 Bulgaria: Greenhouse vegetables prices might jump in spring
- 2022-01-24 "There is no shortage of supply of fresh produce in South Australia"
- 2022-01-24 "We hope the sprout market will improve once the Belgian measures are eased"
- 2022-01-24 UK: Defra urged to respect levy vote result
- 2022-01-24 Three Turkmen enterprises get permission to supply tomatoes to Russia
- 2022-01-24 Spanish tomato exports to the UK remain at the same level they were before Brexit
- 2022-01-21 Strategies to manage supply chain issues
- 2022-01-21 EU puts a stop to tomato fraud gang
- 2022-01-21 Roadmap to strengthen the vegetables sector in Benin, Africa
- 2022-01-21 Moroccan raspberries gained ground on Spanish raspberries in November and December
- 2022-01-21 Germany: Cultivation of greenhouse strawberries on the rise
- 2022-01-21 Backpacker visa incentives announced as concerns grow over RAT shortage