- Technical Sales Representative, Leamington, Ontario
- Technical Sales Representative, Ancaster, Ontario
- HR Generalist
- Head Grower Strawberries (West Virginia USA)
- Global Sourcing Manager
- Buying Operations Manager (BOM Process)
- Sourcing Manager EU
- Manager Operations Ethiopia
- Senior Grower
- Propagation Specialist
Top 5 - yesterday
Top 5 - last week
Top 5 - last month
- "Vertical solar panels under the gutter can provide significant savings in plastic greenhouses"
- The differences between greenhouse growers in US and Canada
- German grower reduces moisture in slabs with Spacer
- Half the labor if tomato grows upside down?
- China: Abundance of crops grow in arid Xinjiang desert
Cravo protects against heat, cold, wind, rain, snow and hail
Protect your crop within minutes for excessive weather changes
As part of Cravo’s initiative to introduce its’ retractable roof greenhouses and production systems globally, Cravo has entered into an agreement with Powerplants to develop the Australian market. Growers in Australia will now be able to benefit from the combination of Cravo’s 30 years of retractable roof experience along with Powerplants 18 years of experience in greenhouse projects throughout Australia.
According to Powerplants President - Carl Van Loon, “Cravo retractable roof greenhouses are a perfect complement to our glass house solutions since we can now offer a wider range of structures. The weather in Australia has been very erratic causing huge losses for open field growers. The Cravo houses are a lower cost solution allowing growers in the open field to increase their profitability by protecting hectares of crops in minutes from excessive cold, heat, wind, rain and hail.” The retractable roof greenhouses are ideally suited for growers of high value vegetable crops, berries, stone fruits, and flowers.
The Retractable Roof Production System (RRPS) was developed by Cravo specifically for mild and hot climates. This production system allows growers the opportunity to utilize the benefits of both the natural outdoors, a greenhouse and a shade house simply by opening and closing the roof as outdoor conditions change. The RRPS allows growers to increase yield and quality while extending the harvest season to reach the higher price shoulder seasons while still maintaining the lower production costs of an open field grower.
For more information, please visit: www.cravo.com, www.powerplants.com.au
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-06-02 New guardian monitor Wi-Fi launched
- 2023-06-02 South Korea: New 9-unit strawberry farm produces 500kg daily
- 2023-06-01 Study shows the importance of climate and context alongside yield prediction in tomato production
- 2023-06-01 How AI can save ketchup from climate change
- 2023-05-31 “By growing upside down, nature does a major part of the crop work”
- 2023-05-31 How AI is used to optimize vertical farming
- 2023-05-31 "Great potential for LNG and hydrogen trucks"
- 2023-05-31 UAE: Using apps to grow food in the desert
- 2023-05-30 Australia: Building code adapted to better fit greenhouse building
- 2023-05-30 "More and more can be done electrically, including high-capacity crop shredding"
- 2023-05-30 Mushroom cultivation thrives with apple pulp, research shows
- 2023-05-29 Dissolved oxygen platform launched
- 2023-05-26 Taiwan: Rural Development Administration shares tomato, pepper farming strategies with 13 Asian countries
- 2023-05-26 "80% of production is determined by the greenhouse climate"
- 2023-05-26 Overcoming challenges in desert hydroponic greenhouse production
- 2023-05-24 "Designed to simplify growing and enhance operations"
- 2023-05-23 Capital injection for Blue Radix powered by 400 growers
- 2023-05-23 Three commercial assays validated to detect ToBRFV
- 2023-05-22 CAN: Grower planning to grow tomatoes using heat from computers
- 2023-05-22 Improved greenhouse climate with fans under the gutter