- Commercial Manager Spain
- Crop Farm Manager Sharjah
- Commercial Manager Soft Fruits
- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
- Experienced International Trade Specialist
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Netherlands: Holographic predator keeps birds away from crop
The growers have been active for some time, experimenting with different bird-proof tactics. Sound was used, as well as several reflective surfaces and natural odours. To enhance effectiveness, growers even tried combining these ingredients. It seemed that crows were effectively scared off by the artificial sounds of other birds.
Songbirds however, were not so easily swayed. They were decidedly unimpressed with the sound effects. Small birds like these often nest in hedges and bushes nearby and once they have found their place, they are notoriously difficult to remove. From their sheltered spot they fly directly to the fruit to enjoy a delicious sweet apple or pear.
For more information contact Radboud Vorage, 06-51431301 or Joost Lommen (CLM).
Source: praktijknetwerken in de Landbouw
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-07-01 Beijing builds a test application scenario for cherry tomato harvest robots
- 2022-06-30 Ecobloom's technology aims to make indoor farming smarter
- 2022-06-29 How Vodafone IoT technology is serving up the perfect strawberry at Wimbledon
- 2022-06-29 Less work, more BERRYs
- 2022-06-27 De Bakker Westland chooses save pipe rail trolleys
- 2022-06-21 "Each country has its own particular way of working and challenges to deal with"
- 2022-06-21 Tomato harvesting robot GRoW wins GreenTech Robot Challenge
- 2022-06-17 Why a high-pressure fogging system?
- 2022-06-16 Meet Berry, the award-winning picking robot
- 2022-06-15 New lighting simulation designed with greenhouse growers in mind
- 2022-06-14 Lockdrives: Our 59-year-old motor is still in use today
- 2022-06-13 AU: Harvest gets smart as farmers turn to digital trackers to boost yield
- 2022-06-13 Arugga to start deploying pollination robots in Finland
- 2022-06-13 Autonomous cultivation is the holy grail for greenhouses; but what does that look like?
- 2022-06-10 Harvesting robot allows 24/7 harvesting and soon will monitor crops too
- 2022-06-10 New type of pipe rail trolley added to BeNomic line
- 2022-06-09 Tomato harvesting robot GRoW will officially be introduced at GreenTech
- 2022-06-09 Self-driving platform launched for robotic applications in greenhouse horticulture
- 2022-06-09 CAN: Ashish Kumar joins Plantech
- 2022-06-09 Analyzing pollen in the greenhouse with updated analyzer