- Commercial Manager Soft Fruits
- Assistant Nursery Manager - Tasmania, Australia
- Tissue Culture Lab / Operations Manager - Victoria, Australia
- Irrigation Manager - Tasmania or Victoria
- Chief Executive Officer Hortifrut IG Berries
- Head of Operations - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Greenhouse grower / production manager - Brazil
- Experienced International Trade Specialist
- Packaging Supervisor
- Nursery Production Manager South Australia
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Philips sees opportunity for the apply of LED in urban farming
As most people know, LED can give plants the light they need, and when they need it. This, of course, ensures constancy and conserves energy.
Now, Philips means to take this technology and apply it in as yet unforeseen areas. The multinational thinks that LED lighting could play a major part in urbanization and increasing global population. Energy-efficient LED could be a solution to the rising demands for energy and natural resources. Philips is already helping cities and horticulturists make the change to more sustainable methods of cultivation. It is in this field, urban horticulture, that Philips sees many opportunities.
“Our LED-related projects are the forerunners of exciting new urban concepts, like city farming,” says Udo van Slooten, Director LED Horticulture at Philips. “It is our wish to be at the foreground of an urban transformation that increasingly finds new ways to save energy, redesigns city plans and renews the way we look at horticulture.”.
For more information visit www.philips.com/horti
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-06-28 Aquaponics takes fish, nutrients and a lot of sweat
- 2022-06-27 Genetia BioSciences receives Swiss delegation on stimulation Czech-Swiss cooperation
- 2022-06-24 21-year-old student establishes hydroponics business with only P1,000
- 2022-06-24 Finnish lettuce greenhouse uses industry waste wood to heat the greenhouse
- 2022-06-22 'Primavera, Victory and Inspire are a safe bet for strawberry growers in the Mediterranean'
- 2022-06-22 EIT Food partner ART21 announces over EUR 1 million of high-tech services to help rebuild Ukraine’s agrifood sector
- 2022-06-22 US (MA): Tomato dream comes true for Ken Foppema, who started farming almost 40 years ago
- 2022-06-22 China: Village official helps farmers escape poverty by growing fruits and vegetables
- 2022-06-22 Canadian grower plans 45-acre organic strawberry expansion
- 2022-06-22 "Finland is an interesting region with good opportunities for hybrid greenhouses"
- 2022-06-21 Ancient seeds found in southern Türkiye
- 2022-06-21 Greenhouse and Kitchen provide food and education in the fight for good nutrition
- 2022-06-21 Kenya: Farmers urged to grow alternative crops to protect environment
- 2022-06-21 Picking blueberries for a good cause
- 2022-06-20 Partners growing mushrooms in former shipping container
- 2022-06-20 "We used Plant Empowerment to boost our yields"
- 2022-06-20 California bell peppers shift growing regions
- 2022-06-16 Jordanian farm owner plants seeds of food sustainability using "Dutch bucket" system
- 2022-06-15 Philipinnes: Residents back Basilan 'hydrophonic' agri venture
- 2022-06-15 Greenhouse farming instills hope in Somali pastoralists facing drought