- Head Grower - USA
- Operations manager - Berlin area, Germany
- Bedrijfsleider locatie Portugal
- Key Account Manager Horticulture - Eindhoven, The Netherlands
- Key Account Manager Horticulture - Netherlands
- Commercial Manager | Cut Flowers | Kenya
- General Manager (Horticulture Farm) | Kenya
- Floral Designer - Floral Direct. Carle Place, NY (Long Island, USA)
- Assistant Cultivation Manager - Capitol Heights (MD) USA
- Market Manager - Horticulture, USA
Top 5 -last month
Over 9 million views for this hydroponic lettuce video
It concerns a video compilation of the Viscon Hydroponics videos, showing a fully automated hydroponic system. On various LinkedIn pages (1) (2) over 160,000 views were realized - which is impressive, but not if you compare it to Facebook! It gained over 9 million views there. "Not often is horticultural technology something that gets attention on a worldwide scale", the company comments. "As an industry we can be proud that consumers and companies around the world applaud the innovation level, the food safety and optimal use of resources."
Image of horticulture
It also gives a clear impression on the image of horticulture and the subjects to work on. "Wow, cool system. Takes a lot of foresight and bravado to design, engineer and fabricate this as a new system. Doesn’t look cheap, but most impressive system by far", can be read in the comments, and "absolutely amazing, I dream to own such a factory". On the other hand people also wondered about the nutritional value of the crop and the use of water. They get responds from others, "there's actually more nutrients in this because you control everything that goes into them and why would the taste be any different", but still: these are the topics for the industry to work on!
For more information:
3295 KH 's-Gravendeel
P.O. Box 5103
3295 ZG 's-Gravendeel
T: +31 (0) 78 673 98 98
F: +31 (0) 78 673 34 34
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2020-08-14 Software proves responsive to Covid-19 challenges
- 2020-08-11 Dutch Berries tests misting installation in newest section of huge strawberry greenhouse
- 2020-08-10 How can crop production data advance the controlled environment agriculture industry?
- 2020-08-10 "Welcome to the Green Evolution"
- 2020-07-24 "With annual product losses of more than 1,700 EUR, the use of ripening gasses pays off"
- 2020-07-24 China embraces autonomous greenhouse management
- 2020-07-24 Iceland continuously investing in supplemental growth light
- 2020-07-22 25,000 euro research budget available for unmanned growing concepts
- 2020-07-22 The smart (re)use of water
- 2020-07-21 Sap flow data used as growth predictor through Machine Deep Learning
- 2020-07-20 Identification of a dozen components in strawberries responsible for their post-harvest freshness
- 2020-07-20 The biggest advantages of water-cooling light fixtures
- 2020-07-20 A new technology that raises the quality of baby leaf seeds
- 2020-07-20 Why greenhouse equipment needs to be simple
- 2020-07-17 How do Chinese and Dutch cold supply chains for fruit compare?
- 2020-07-17 Purchasing horticultural light; what you need to know
- 2020-07-17 Operating greenhouse equipment up to 500 meter range without problems
- 2020-07-16 C.H. Robinson joins forces with Microsoft to digitally transform supply chain
- 2020-07-16 Protecting raspberries and strawberries
- 2020-07-14 Czech tech company and university develop smart plant monitoring and protection system