- Managing Director - Holland
- Farm Manager - Abu Dhabi
- Farm Manager greenhouse vegetable production – Vietnam
- COO Flower & Plant greenhouse production farm, Vietnam
- Sales Representative - Leamington (Ontario) Canada
- Assistant Production & Plant Health Manager
- Commercial Manager | Huelva, Spain | Soft Fruits
- Head of International Farming
- Sr. Productinnovatie (R&D) Engineer
- Aftersales Coördinator
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- Little Leaf Farms goes on expansion spree
- 30 vintage Jaguars found in old greenhouse
- "Spain must take ToBRFV seriously to prevent tomato cultivation from being threatened"
- From 10 to 20 to 40 acres
- "Following the online water content in the substrate will improve irrigation efficiency significantly"
Top 5 -last month
Over 9 million views for this hydroponic lettuce video
It concerns a video compilation of the Viscon Hydroponics videos, showing a fully automated hydroponic system. On various LinkedIn pages (1) (2) over 160,000 views were realized - which is impressive, but not if you compare it to Facebook! It gained over 9 million views there. "Not often is horticultural technology something that gets attention on a worldwide scale", the company comments. "As an industry we can be proud that consumers and companies around the world applaud the innovation level, the food safety and optimal use of resources."
Image of horticulture
It also gives a clear impression on the image of horticulture and the subjects to work on. "Wow, cool system. Takes a lot of foresight and bravado to design, engineer and fabricate this as a new system. Doesn’t look cheap, but most impressive system by far", can be read in the comments, and "absolutely amazing, I dream to own such a factory". On the other hand people also wondered about the nutritional value of the crop and the use of water. They get responds from others, "there's actually more nutrients in this because you control everything that goes into them and why would the taste be any different", but still: these are the topics for the industry to work on!
For more information:
3295 KH 's-Gravendeel
P.O. Box 5103
3295 ZG 's-Gravendeel
T: +31 (0) 78 673 98 98
F: +31 (0) 78 673 34 34
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-12-12 Effect of light intensity on rooting and growth of hydroponic strawberry runner plants in a LED plant factory
- 2019-12-11 Why sensors are useful in indoor grows
- 2019-12-11 "Ultimately, the whole industry will switch to water-cooled LED lighting"
- 2019-12-10 Cucumber water instead of road salt
- 2019-12-09 CAN (ON): Grower updates irrigation system with nanobubble technology
- 2019-12-09 Recordings reveal that plants make ultrasonic squeals when stressed
- 2019-12-06 Satellites tracking US food supply, aiding farmers
- 2019-12-06 New cargo visibility tool tracks temperature, humidity and CO2 levels
- 2019-12-06 "Following the online water content in the substrate will improve irrigation efficiency significantly"
- 2019-12-03 USDA announces fellowships to develop the next generation of agriculture
- 2019-12-03 Smart water monitoring technology ensures water and food safety
- 2019-12-02 "Why CRISPR is so incredibly necessary"
- 2019-11-29 CAN (ON): Kingsville looking to take action against light pollution
- 2019-11-28 DNA markers may help hop breeders
- 2019-11-27 Sustainable coffee cups grown from vegetables
- 2019-11-27 CAN: Ontario investing up to $1.85M to boost innovation in agri-food research
- 2019-11-26 "Smart data use will strengthen our greenhouse production method"
- 2019-11-26 Online course on drones for agriculture
- 2019-11-26 Coating makes higher insulating greenhouse roof possible without much loss of light
- 2019-11-25 Steel rising in Morehead