- Buitendienst Medewerker - België
- Assistant Grower Manager Tomato & Capsicums - Malaysia Highlands
- Assistant Grower Manager Lettuce & Herbs - Malaysia Highlands
- Trainee Production Management - starting location Ethiopia
- Сhief technologist, Tula region - Russia
- Сhief technology officer, Tula region - Russia
- Controller Technician / Electrician - Horticulture, Australia
- International Editor – Netherlands
- Farming Manager – Atherton Tablelands, Australia
- Sales Coordinator Europe Division
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Pegasus acquires new farms in the UAE and Portugal
Pegasus recently secured 3.5 hectares of existing farmland in Al-Ajban, where they now have several greenhouses under construction. The farm will predominantly grow mint, along with other herbs, for distribution across the UAE and the first harvest is expected in the next few months. Since the launch of this project in the summer, they have pre-allocated over 50% of the A-Frames to existing investors from the Oman farm.
As of November 2017, seventy hectares of existing farm land and greenhouses have been acquired in Ras Al-Khaimah. The company plans to develop this land into an Agricultural City, which will include a Hydroponics Discovery and Educational Centre, a pre-packaging facility for mixed salad bags and a research and development facility. The greenhouses will grow a diverse mix of produce such as lettuce, tomatoes, beans, peppers, herbs and other salad items. Pegasus anticipates that the first greenhouse will be in production during the first quarter of 2018.
Finally, the company secured two farm sites in Portugal.
For more information:
Pegasus Food Futures
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2018-12-10 US (CT): Recap of 2018 Hartford Aquaponic Tours
- 2018-12-10 Saba to set up hydroponic farm
- 2018-12-07 146 million USD invested in indoor ag this year
- 2018-12-05 We have lift-off
- 2018-12-05 Belgian supermarket to introduce in-store vertical farms
- 2018-12-05 "Nigeria’s small farmers are embracing hydroponics"
- 2018-12-04 France: Agricool raises 28 million US dollars for urban farming
- 2018-12-04 Advancements in automated commercial scale vertical farming
- 2018-11-30 Is digging down the future of vertical farming?
- 2018-11-30 IKEA: Furniture, meatballs... and vertical farms?
- 2018-11-29 UK: James Hutton Institute welcomes Tay Cities Deal funding boost
- 2018-11-29 Dozens of cameras film food production on Antarctica
- 2018-11-29 US (MI): Freight farm to grow vegetables for Detroit homeless
- 2018-11-27 "Vertical farming has limits"
- 2018-11-27 Chinese company develops aquaculture in Angola
- 2018-11-23 Water flow for more efficient aquaponic systems
- 2018-11-22 GCP-2 facstheet final findings: Aquaponics farming
- 2018-11-21 Belgian King Filip, French President Macron get acquainted with vertical farming
- 2018-11-21 Vertical farming robot wins design challenge
- 2018-11-21 Two out of the three Board Members of the Association for Vertical Farming have resigned