- Processing & Quality Management Director - Made, The Netherlands or Sderot/Brurim, Israel
- Aankomend Int. Export Manager jonge groenteplanten
- Director of Hydroponic Production - Madrid, Spain
- Non-Executive Directors
- Horticultural Sales Manager - Fruit Industry, Europe
- Sales Representative - New South Wales (Australia)
- Business Development Coordinator - New Zealand
- Cultivation expert in team Asia
- Greenhouse Production Manager - Heho (Shan State) Myanmar
- Account Manager Benelux
Top 5 -yesterday
- Dozens of LED suppliers turn off their lights: GreenTech 2019 comes to an end
- Speeding up the instalment of new screens
- "We want to create sensors together to better detect pests and diseases"
- "New square 35 liter pot for soft fruit cultivation means repotting is a thing of the past"
- "Good results with new substrate of alternative wood fiber raw material"
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
From CEA to IPA:
Rough introduces the HopsHouse: a single-solution hydroponic hops greenhouses
Hops are a relative to cannabis and grow similarly to hydroponic tomato vines. RBI has worked in both industries for a number of years. A team of crop scientists, engineers, growers and beer enthusiasts from RBI took what they know about the two plants and successfully designed a controlled environment that allowed hops to grow and flower after 3 months. The team grew 5 different hops rhizome varieties, and tested different nutrient and lighting combinations to ensure the best rate of growth.
The HopsHouse is offered in two different sizes: 30’ x 60’, starting at $119,495 and 30’ x 180’ starting at $149,495. Pricing includes necessary systems and equipment. Options to customize are available.
“The craft beer industry is growing. We saw an opportunity and we are running with it,” said Tom Vezdos, RBI Vice President and Divisional Manager of Commercial Greenhouses. “The introduction of HopsHouse allows breweries and growers to be more independent. No longer will breweries and growers be at the mercy of big beer conglomerates or inclement weather.”
The overall beer market is a $107.6 billion industry, according to the Brewers Association for National Beer Stats, with small and craft breweries contributing $67.8 billion to the US economy. With Anheuser-Bush’s acquisition of SAB Miller International, which includes SAB Hop Farms located in South Africa, craft breweries have seen their supply completely cut off. The introduction of HopsHouse will allow breweries and growers to be more independent. A study by Hops Growers of America reported that nearly 90 million pounds of hops were harvested in 2016.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-06-14 Polish horticulture giant will build new greenhouse in Mazovia
- 2019-06-14 Russia: 7.5 ha greenhouse complex completed near Bryansk
- 2019-06-14 Adana to have one of the biggest greenhouse production zones in Turkey
- 2019-06-14 US (KY): University students build greenhouse for high school
- 2019-06-13 US (IN): Innovations are born in this 50,000 sq.ft. facility
- 2019-06-12 Effects of cooling systems on greenhouse microclimate and cucumber growth under Mediterranean climatic conditions
- 2019-06-12 "Stunning water savings in Spanish greenhouses"
- 2019-06-12 Almeria's greenhouses as a model for sustainability
- 2019-06-12 Greenhouse cucumber cultivation in Lesser Poland Voivodeship
- 2019-06-12 “We were able to start production in greenhouses built by Turkish manufacturers”
- 2019-06-11 US (NY): School greenhouse advances agricultural learning, access to fresh food
- 2019-06-10 Two seawater greenhouses planned in Southern Iran
- 2019-06-10 Afghanistan: Greenhouses could hold key to tackling food shortages
- 2019-06-10 US (IL): Tomato greenhouse to double in size to 30 acres
- 2019-06-07 Poland: Horticultural school to invest 700,000 euros in state-of-the-art education
- 2019-06-07 University of Missouri constructs state-of-the-art plant research facility
- 2019-06-06 Growing in the soil requires a good leveling solution
- 2019-06-06 Turkey: Tough working conditions for greenhouse workers due to Ramadan
- 2019-06-05 Spanish police finds greenhouse with almost 3,000 marijuana plants
- 2019-06-04 Global CEA Census launched to help drive agriculture industry forward