Top 5 -yesterday
- Taking the wisdom from indoor farming and bringing it into greenhouses
- Top tips for growing lettuce in a greenhouse
- Greenhouse grower purchases 75-acre greenhouse in Jalisco, Mexico
- "One thing's sure: there will be less lit cultivation next season"
- New type of strawberry harvester introduced to the market
Top 5 -last month
Valagro presents the 2013-2016 Sustainability Report
In this sixth edition of the Social and Environmental Report, Valagro decided to focus on the online world. This will entail the launch of a dedicated website www.valagro4green.com taking advantage of the full potential of digital communications – such as animations and infographics – to illustrate Valagro's main 2013-2016 data in the areas of business growth, HR development, innovative R&D investments, attention to customers, and value production and distribution.
Alongside the innovative website, Valagro's Social and Environmental Report is also optimising paper use through a summary leaflet, highlighting some of the main results presented in the Report. This decision affirms the company's dedication to greater sustainability, including through communication strategies to share its social and environmental impact with all stakeholders and the wider community.
Marco Rosso, Valagro Global Corporate Affairs Director: "The publication of this Sustainability Report is an eagerly awaited event: this tool allows us to build precious relationships with employees, customers, partners and scientific institutions around the world - relationships marked by transparency and accountability. It also allows us to promote our positive results, reflecting our continued commitment to sustainability: for example, we have participated in the Carbon Footprint assessment programme endorsed and co-funded by the Italian Ministry of the Environment and Protection of Land and Sea, and obtained certification for four Valagro products, with the goal of understanding how to limit our CO2 emissions. Furthermore, in the face of rising production and the consequent increase of waste emissions, we are increasing our commitment to waste collection and recycling, now covering 76% of the total waste produced. On the other hand, "- adds Marco Rosso - "the preparation of reports allows us to identify possible areas of action, in a continuous search to improve all areas of our business activity. Our business must continue to be a driving force for sustainability, guiding us, our clients, and our partners, in the shared commitment to provide innovative solutions for more sustainable agriculture."
To further this commitment to sustainability, Valagro chose to publish its Social and Environmental Report in the week devoted by the FAO to the global debate on the relationship between food, agriculture and climate change, theme of the World Food Day celebrations. The steady increase in world population, and the current level of pollution, call for a change of perspective, in which agricultural systems will have to become stronger, more productive and far more sustainable.
Aware of its responsibilities as a global market player, Valagro Group annually invests 4% of its total revenue (in 2015, 107.7 million euros) in research and development, making use of international collaborations with leading scientific institutions and universities to develop innovative and effective solutions and processes for the nutrition and care of plants, able to meet its clients' needs for higher yields and better quality, while increasing efficiency and reducing the environmental impact.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-08-11 "Production volume of Chinese strawberry tomatoes grew by 20%-30% this year"
- 2022-08-11 US (CA): Davis greenhouse grows lettuce using minimal water
- 2022-08-11 Nair elected VP of Extension with American Society for Horticultural Science
- 2022-08-11 Oregon high school to get ARPA funds for a greenhouse project
- 2022-08-11 Certis Belchim acquires assets of New Zealand-Based Henry Manufacturing
- 2022-08-10 Shouguang, Shandong: the capital of vegetables in China
- 2022-08-10 “Developing varieties with resistances takes time but it’s an important role we play as plant breeders”
- 2022-08-10 Western Growers mourns the passing of Hank Giclas
- 2022-08-10 India: Yara Growth invests $50M in ag-fintech company
- 2022-08-10 All Florida pesticide exams now available online
- 2022-08-10 Call for research needs in aquaponics
- 2022-08-10 Greenhouse grower purchases 75-acre greenhouse in Jalisco, Mexico
- 2022-08-10 "One thing's sure: there will be less lit cultivation next season"
- 2022-08-10 Biobest steps up presence in Portugal with acquisition of Agronologica, changes name to Biobest Portugal
- 2022-08-10 4 case studies on monitoring and optimizing irrigation
- 2022-08-10 US (CA): Rotational fungicide approved for sale in CA
- 2022-08-10 New type of strawberry harvester introduced to the market
- 2022-08-10 "We consider every aspect of bell pepper cultivation to keep moving toward energy-neutral farming"
- 2022-08-10 Nova Siri Genetics research for strawberry cultivation
- 2022-08-09 US (ID): Syngenta debuts $15 million global vegetable seeds quality control lab