- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Operations Accountant
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
- What is the status of tomato brown rugose fruit virus in Europe?
- “Our ToBRFV-resistant variety has been preferred by our producers in wide areas since 2020"
- 2022 Year Overview: 10 stories on greenhouse expansion
- New horticultural lighting technical requirements launched
- "Greek producers, who also purchase their plants from Spanish nurseries, have reported the same quality issue in strawberry plants as Spanish producers"
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Zambia: "We produce 5,000 units of lettuce per week, per tunnel, year-round"
- UK growers stop planting and put nurseries on sale amidst energy crisis and labor shortage
- "You can't grow on water without lights"
- "High-tech farmer AppHarvest is running out of money"
- German family company switches from tomato cultivation to hydroponic lettuce
Acrobatic Controls and iSpecs scoop Niagara Entrepreneur of the Year Award
Based in Jordan Station, Ontario, Van den Ende and Galenkamp are owners of iSPECS Inc. and ACROBATic Controls Inc. Both of them are team members of the Acrobat Projects group of companies, specialized in the engineering, design, manufacturing, installation and services for automation systems in the North American greenhouse industry
The team members of the Acrobat Projects group of companies.
Since 1994, the Niagara Entrepreneur of the Year Awards (NEYA) have been honouring enterprising people whose businesses have made significant differences in the community, and in our lives. The awards are a symbol of achievement for those innovative entrepreneurs who provide inspiration, exemplify excellence and carry out their unique vision.
Mike Galenkamp and Al van den Ende on stage at the Niaga Entrepreneur of the Year Awards ceremony.
Galenkamp and Van den Ende have been honored for their technical knowledge and involvement in many greenhouse projects over the past few years. We visited one of them last year; the expansion of the cucumber production at Martens Greenhouses in Beamsville, Ontario, where they were responsible for the extensive implementation of control techniques.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-12-02 Increased plant health and vitality with 44% lab cost reduction
- 2022-12-02 Israeli company developing USD $15M hydroponic project in Guyana
- 2022-12-02 CEO of Betagro PLC is a Guest of Honour at Thailand - LNV Reception 2022
- 2022-12-02 Sanne Kruikemeier and Ingrid de Zwarte receive Early Career Award
- 2022-12-02 BBL acquires Share Logistics Group
- 2022-12-02 Ab van Marrewijk hands over Tomatoworld greenhouse to Nico Ammerlaan
- 2022-12-02 The Dutch software company ALFA PRO joins Total Specific Solutions
- 2022-12-02 Teachers appointed ‘grow smart, eat smart’ ambassadors in Jamaica
- 2022-12-02 Dutch software company ALFA PRO joins Total Specific Solutions
- 2022-12-01 Tomatoes with a ‘wow’ factor thanks to a finely tuned irrigation strategy
- 2022-12-01 Planet Farms to build 15.000m2 farm plus appoints new CEO and President for Italy
- 2022-12-01 Revol Greens partners with Blue Radix to add autonomous growing to US greenhouses
- 2022-12-01 Biotalys establishes scientific advisory committee
- 2022-12-01 Edible Garden to display expanding product lines at 2022 New York Produce Show
- 2022-12-01 The industry responds to Infarm news
- 2022-12-01 "Spanish products are under pressure"
- 2022-12-01 Tomatoes: large supply in the face of low demand
- 2022-12-01 Labor requirements in indoor agriculture
- 2022-12-01 High demand for Egyptian strawberry plants
- 2022-12-01 Dutch tomato grower expands into strawberry cultivation