For the fourth consecutive year, with more than 100 people participating, the Mexican Association of Protected Horticulture (AMHPAC) has kicked off the Symposium on Agricultural Social Responsibility in the city of San Luis Potosí. The event was held April 27 and 28.
The event is being attended by owners, directors, managers and coordinators of the area of Social Responsibility of agriculture located in Baja California, Mexico City, Coahuila, Sinaloa, Guanajuato, Jalisco, Michoacan, Nuevo Leon, Puebla, Queretaro, San Luis Potosi, among others.
The inaugural act was attended by representatives of different allied organizations of the Industry:
Marte Nicolas Vega Roman, President of CAADES; Antonio Mendizabal Gonzalez, Institutional Link of AHIFORES; Jesus Arevalo Zarco, Director of INTAGRI; Emmanuel Munguia Fernandez, ANEBERRIES Sustainability Coordinator; Jose de Jesus Cortes Balderas, Regional Coordinator of AMOCALI Bajio; Alfredo Diaz Belmontes, General Director of AMHPAC; Ruben Ramirez, IFPA Representative in Mexico; Juan Ignacio Silos Castro, General Director of Labor of the STPS of San Luis Potosi; Carlos Alberto Gomez Espinosa, APEAM Social Responsibility Coordinator; Esther Escarzaga García, BAMX National Manager of Agricultural Alliances, Hector Aguerrebere, AMHPAC/Farmers Best Northwest Regional Coordinator and Juan Ariel Reyes Rabago, AMHPAC Counselor.
Lectures given by specialists
- United States labor inspection mechanisms and their enforcement. Maria Dolores Aguirre Gonzalez, Founding Partner / Lawyer in Foreign Trade and Customs Law of the firm Aguirre, Aguirre y Asociados, S.C.
- Legal update for the 2022-2023 agricultural season. Gustavo H. Robles Balderrama, Legal Adviser of the AMHPAC.
- Guide for the prevention and identification of forced labor. Nancy Hernandez Martínez. Forced Labor Officer at the office of the International Labor Organization (ILO) for Mexico and Cuba.
1. Audits in Social Responsibility and its legal compliance. Edgar Saul Ramirez Guerrero, Internal Audit Coordinator of Veggies from Mexico.
2. Correct recruitment of the migrant worker. Luz Maria Chombo Tovar, AHIFORES Certification Manager.
3. Legal aspects of the contracting of the agricultural worker. Gustavo H. Robles Balderrama, Legal Adviser of the AMHPAC.
Two master conferences
- Sustainability, an improvement tool for companies. Jose Antonio Rico, National Manager of Supply and Agricultural Safety of Herdez Group.
- Changing the leadership scheme. Angel de Luna de la Vega, Founder and Director of La Comarca de los Talentos, S.C.
The objective of the event was to train more than 100 participants from different states of the Mexican Republic, guiding the content of the program mainly to analyze the information and update the most relevant topics for the industry in terms of social responsibility, focusing especially on labor issues.
For more information:
Tel: (667)715 5830 Ext. 102