"We are looking for a master's or PhD student who wants to apply for this scholarship and come to Sweden for 3 or 4 months at Mälardalen University and work with the Carbon2Food project, which focuses on CO2 capture and utilization," says Xiaolin Wang, a full-time Postdoctoral Researcher at the Mälarden University in Västerås, Sweden.
Now the team is investigating the influence of rising CO2 levels and other environmental factors, such as light, temperature, and nutrients, on the quality and quantity of leafy vegetables in vertical farming systems.
The Gustav Dahl scholarship is awarded to students and doctoral candidates to support international collaboration at Mälardalen University within the field of environmental engineering.
The following can apply:
- Students and doctoral candidates at Mälardalen University who aim to carry out a project with a clear link to environmental engineering
- Students and doctoral candidates at foreign universities who are considered important partners to Future Energy Center (FEC) at Mälardalen University
Example of projects
In order to be considered for funding, the project must have a visible link to environmental engineering and sustainable development. The following are examples of projects that we have granted in the past:
- Travel grants to support BSc/MSc thesis abroad
- Travel grants to present research results at international conferences
- Funding of a shorter stay at a foreign university to participate in a relevant research project
Applicants may apply for a maximum scholarship of 50 000 SEK (~4,450 EUR). The application will be reviewed by the foundation commission, which prepares a solid ground for selection to be presented to the foundation's board.
Click here to apply for the scholarship.
For more information:
Stiftelsen Tandläkare Gustav Dahls