The Go Inverconec Operating Group will present its results at the next Global G.A.P. Tour Stop in Spain 2023

"Fertilizer use has been decreased by 20 to 40%"

The Go Inverconec Operating Group will present at the Global G.A.P. Tour stop in Spain 2023, which will take place on March 14 and 15 at the Palacio de Exposiciones y Congresos de Aguadulce (Almeria), the results of the implementation of a technological tool that brings together and relates greenhouse production data on a single platform.

"This project had developed a control strategy with the aim of establishing guidelines that allow producers to optimize crop management, minimizing the use of inputs."

"It has allowed reducing fertilizer use by 20 to 40%, depending on the nutritional element that is evaluated through the counters installed in the plantations and connected to the Inverconec platform. The decrease in fertilizers has not affected the production of the crop negatively, which means producers have achieved a notable improvement in the efficient use of nutrients."

"Moreover, having parameterized water inputs and drainage has allowed to slightly reduce water consumption by about 5%, compared to conventional management."

"Monitoring the temperature and humidity of the substrate has been very useful for irrigation management. The first parameter has made it possible to determine the period of the day in which to avoid irrigation at the beginning of the crop due to excess temperature. Humidity data has been useful to decide to restrict irrigation at the beginning of the crop to favor rooting, as well as to adjust the end of the demand period in the afternoon."

"The environmental conditions of the greenhouses are of the utmost importance to optimize climate management and to try to maintain adequate crop vigor."

The European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development (EAFRD) of the European Union finances 80% of the Go Inverconec project and the Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries, and Food (MAPA) the remaining 20%.

The program is part of the National Rural Development Programme 2014-2020, and it is managed by the Directorate General for Rural Development, Innovation, and Agri-Food Training (DGDRIFA), which is the managing authority responsible for the implementation of the EAFRD and the corresponding national aid (aid 44532).

The Operational Group: Go Inverconec, From Cultivation to the Final Consumer, is the body responsible for the content of this project, which has an approximate duration of two years and will be developed until March 2023 with a total budget of 529,724.31 euros.

For more information:
Go Inverconec

Publication date:

Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here

Other news in this sector:

Sign up for our daily Newsletter and stay up to date with all the latest news!

Subscribe I am already a subscriber