International Fresh Produce Association (IFPA) has announced the winners of the IFPA Retail Produce Manager Awards Program. The program, sponsored by Dole Food Company, recognizes retail produce managers who represent the industry to the consumer and work every day to increase sales and consumption of fresh fruits and vegetables. IFPA honors 25 of the industry’s top retail produce managers for this award.
“Companies that grow and fresh market products remain reliant and indebted to the produce managers that interact between us and the shopper,” said Johan Linden, COO of Dole Food Company. “Honoring these individuals is an opportunity for us to acknowledge and thank them for their critical roles in landing produce in the shopping cart.”
The winners will be recognized at IFPA’s Global Produce & Floral Show, where they will attend as VIPs, participating in the conference education and networking.
“Retail produce managers are some of the greatest ambassadors for our industry,” said IFPA’s vice-president of retail, food service, and wholesale, Joe Watson. “Through dedication to our industry, innovative merchandising, and customer engagement, they have a direct impact on growing consumption of fresh fruits and vegetables.”
The 2022 winners are:
- Tamra Barnes – Harps Food Store, Dexter, Missouri
- Joshua “Josh” Combs – Food City, Galax, Virginia
- Javier Contreras – Sendik’s Food Market, Franklin, Wisconsin
- Carmen Dipiazza Jr. – Price Chopper, Guilderland, New York
- Morgan Dodge – Pilgrim’s Market, Coeur d’Alene, Idaho
- Tyler Doggett – Corner Market, Hattiesburg, Mississippi
- Micah Fabrizio – Albertsons Safeway, Denver, Colorado
- Clint Fraze – New Seasons Market, Happy Valley, Oregon
- Lisa Graner – Coborn’s Inc., Bismarck, North Dakota
- Mitchell “Mitch” John Hamelin – Longo Brothers Fruit Markets, Ajax, Ontario, Canada
- David Heetderks – SpartanNash’s Forest Hills Foods, Grand Rapids, Michigan
- Chris Jorgensen – Food Lion, LLC, Gloucester, Virginia
- Troy Kopriva – Hy-Vee, Inc., Grimes, Iowa
- Grant Naylor – Macey’s, Providence, Utah
- Mohamad “Mo” Qadir – Harris-Teeter Super Markets, Purcellville, Virginia
- Bridget Robin – Super One Foods, Opelousas, Louisiana
- Alex Samario – Gelson’s Markets, Sante Fe Springs, California
- Bob Smith – Mariano’s, Oak Lawn, Illinois
- Rich Spader – Big Y Foods, Inc. – Derby, Connecticut
- Douglas Storey – Tops Friendly Markets, North Tonawanda, New York
- Michelle Tarwater – Fred Meyer Stores, Inc., Issaquah, Washington
- Donald “Don” Eugene Uttley – Mount Royal Market, Duluth, Minnesota
- Dan Villone – Brookshire Grocery Company, Kilgore, Texas
- Calvin “The Goat” Yednak – JEWEL-OSCO, Munster, Indiana
- William “Will” Yontz – The Giant Company, Martinsburg, West Virginia
“We congratulate the winners and look forward to celebrating them at the Global Produce & Floral Show in October,” said Watson.
Registration is open for the Global Produce & Floral Show, and attendees can register and see more about the event here.