- Cultivation specialist Floriculture
- Technical Sales Specialist - Canada
- Crop Supervisor - Australia
- Senior Business development- / Sales Manager - The Netherlands
- Global VP of Sales & Marketing
- Product Manager - Europe
- Product Manager, Horticulture - De Lier, the Netherlands
- Chief Executive Officer - Tropical North Queensland (Tully) Australia
- Head Grower in USA
- Commercial Manager | Cut Flowers - Kenya
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Study compares antioxidant levels in conventional vs greenhouse lettuce
- "We sold over 100 hectares of toplighting compact grow lights in the first year alone"
- The 10 biggest advantages of vertical farming
- 1,000 hectares of greenhouses affected by hail in Almeria
- How vertical farming is part of a "multi-agriculturalism" food system
Eurasian horticulture demands advanced supplies; BenimPlast increases business
BenimPlast' Elya Madambekova and Mustafa Sert during the GreenTech in Amsterdam.
It required many efforts before Mustafa Sert was able to convince the Turkish growers about the advantages of better supplies. His company Benimtex initially was founded as a producer of agricultural textiles, and since 2006 it started importing products for the greenhouse industry from leading manufacturers. "By that time, the Turkish greenhouse industry was already well developed and we knew many farmers from our textile business. We saw a chance to serve these customers with all round supplies like truss supporting systems, shade nets, greenhouse films and plastics, irrigation tape, drippers, etc. As the next step, we started to support the growers with additional consulting and information on improving their production outputs.
In the beginning, part of the range was imported and another part was manufactured by BenimPlast, as stated by Mustafa Sert, owner of the company, “we joined with successful partners and became a more powerful player in the market, using new technologies and methods developed in countries like Japan, Mexico, USA and Canada.”
Nowadays Benimplast /Benimtex is one of the most popular suppliers for the Turkish greenhouse growers; amongst their clientèle are Turkey’s largest greenhouse growers. "In this industry there is fierce competition with many players on the market. There are many products from abroad, but in Turkey we are one of the most popular companies as we are local. We know our customers and they know us, we are familiar with the culture and the industry habits, like dealing with after sales and support; we believe that this is a key factor to our success."
Besides Turkey, Benimplast is also paving the way for successful advanced horticulture outside it's home country. "We are increasingly active in surrounding countries such as Russia, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine and Belarus. We have local staff in these countries that support and inform the growers about our products. Next to this, being the exclusive partner for Riococo coir substrate in Eurasia has brought us many new clients. We managed to introduce Riococo’s top notch substrate combinations that were developed in USA and Japan to our clients successfully. Riococo is an ISO 9001:2008 company, and our focus is to introduce their range of high quality substrate products to our clients.”
Mustafa Sert of BenimPlast together with Shan Halamba of Riococo
"Our customers are very satisfied about the highest quality growing substrate from Riococo. Majority of the new growers managed to increase their tomato yield per square meter from 47 to 60 kilos", Mustafa Sert said. "The growers share this great news with their fellow colleagues in the local industries; the success story is spreading like wild fire and our customer portfolio is expanding rapidly. "
With the help of local staff and sales persons, main targets for the firm are to continue providing an excellent service and really high quality products. “Gaining the growers trust is essential for us, so the quality of our service is of paramount importance and we consequently aim to become one of Eurasia’s best companies,” Mustafa Sert concludes.
For more information about Riococo Benimplast:
Benimplast / Benimtex
Direct contact with Riococo:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2020-02-05 Biochar and vermicompost amendments affect substrate properties and plant growth of basil and tomato
- 2020-01-31 "Coco coir for cultivating bell peppers? Absolutely!"
- 2020-01-30 Klasmann-Deilmann and Shakti Cocos cooperate
- 2020-01-27 "Sustainable netting solution for growblocks and pellets"
- 2020-01-27 "I remember thinking 'what is this' when the machine arrived"
- 2020-01-20 "We are now able to offer certainty towards growers regarding our claim on biodegradability"
- 2020-01-15 Effect of growing media on rooting response of tomato stem cuttings
- 2019-12-24 Coco coir company finds new operating help in India
- 2019-12-23 Plant nutrient availability and pH of biochars and their fractions
- 2019-12-10 "Hydroponics help us guarantee constant soft fruit supply"
- 2019-12-04 Bringing high-tech solutions to low-tech growers
- 2019-11-08 Launch of pure Forest Gold wood fibre delivered in big bags
- 2019-11-01 Switching berry growers benefit from good substrate
- 2019-10-28 UK: Garden Organic lobbies to make voluntary peat reduction targets mandatory
- 2019-10-15 A biodegradable plant propagation system looking to take off in the Australian market
- 2019-10-07 "Adding wood fiber makes coir even better"
- 2019-10-04 Tests with substrate mixtures for strawberries
- 2019-09-30 New solution in the trend towards peat substitutes
- 2019-09-30 Growers use rockwool to produce specialty crops
- 2019-09-13 "Peat is part of the answer"