Leamington greenhouse fined $120K following electrocution death

A Leamington cucumber greenhouse faces a $120,000 fine after a worker received an electrical shock and died on the job in 2018.

The company pleaded guilty on Friday to failing to ensure electrical equipment was locked out when a worker was handling equipment during a project in November 2018. 

Workers had been adding to an existing production greenhouse located near 834 Mersea Rd. 4, the Ministry of Labour said in a news release. A worker was rearranging wiring and doing breaker work, as well as connecting wires to an electrical panel located in an electrical room.

Read more at the Windsor Star (Taylor Campbell)

Publication date:

Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here

Other news in this sector:

Sign up for our daily Newsletter and stay up to date with all the latest news!

Subscribe I am already a subscriber