- Sales Manager / Director - West Coast primary, USA
- Medewerker productmanagement support - Bleiswijk
- Head grower & Indoor farming-/hydroponic specialist - Küssnacht am Rigi, Switzerland
- Technical Director - Addis Ababa, Ethiopia
- Onderzoekassistent Fenotyperen - Bleiswijk
- Horticultural Soil Sales Representative - USA
- Turnkey Vegetable Greenhouse Sales Representative - USA
- Sales Administrator - Europe Division
- Junior Sales Manager - Europe Division
- Head Grower - Avoine, France
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- "Spend less time on your controls, but more quality time with your plants"
- Agroparks in the U.S. - a horn of plenty for investors?
- Can biopesticides help to protect crops against whiteflies?
- Autonomous peroxide generation system promises crop boost
- “We are developing a sustainable technology that uses 75% less LED lighting”
Top 5 -last month
- “If we really want to make a change, we should intensively invest in innovation and technique in Africa”
- "Algorithm predicted irrigation need much better than I can with 38 years experience"
- US (VA): $17 million hydroponic greenhouse operation being planned
- Increasing yield, while improving plant quality and driving down energy costs
- Get your copy of the Greenhouse Guide
Thailand: 'Vertical growing system triples harvest compared to horizontal NFT system'
“We have vertical systems for commercial use and smaller systems that can be used at home,” says Dessy Lim, Marketing Manager of Thai Advance. “Nowadays more and more people like to know where their food comes from and they want to be sure that it’s fresh and without pesticides. If you grow your vegetables yourself, then you’re certain of this.”
The vertical system can be used for hydroponics planting as well as for substrate planting. The systems are made from Food Graded plastics with UV and Heat Retardant.
Thai Advance came out with this vertical growing system design with the help of BIC of Prince of Songkhla University (PSU) Hatyai. "We developed this vertical system that isn’t only useful, but also really decorative to place on the balcony or some other place in the home."
For commercial farming, this vertical growing system of Thai Advance Agri Tech Co., Ltd can increase the harvest two or three times compared to the horizontal NFT systems.” Dessy says.
Dessy Lim, Marketing Manager of Thai Advance at HortiAsia
The company was present at HortiAsia to demonstrate the system for a broader public. “HortiAsia is our first official exhibition, and it is very good for us, because we can meet here with a lot of customers.
“This is the first year we are distributing this product, and we already export to Indonesia and Malaysia, and business is going well.” Thai Advance is already looking forward to broaden their market. “We hope to visit more international exhibitions. Yet, we have to take one step at a time and we’ll see what the future brings.”
For more information
Thai Advance Agri Tech Co., Ltd
Dessy Lim, Marketing Manager
84/ 56-57 Moo 7 Asia Road Tambon Khorhong Hatyai Thailand 90110
Tel: +66 85585 3331, +66 89492 2470, +66 093959 7599
Fax: +66 74 210 832, +66 74 210 404
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2020-09-18 PL Light Systems releases leafy greens crop guide
- 2020-09-16 Key differences of growing vegetables vs. cannabis indoors
- 2020-09-16 With the right tools, it is possible to grow produce all over the world
- 2020-09-15 Grower support across New South Wales
- 2020-09-15 British farmers grow pumpkin that weighs 1.1 ton
- 2020-09-14 Bumblebees contributing to high quality blackberries
- 2020-09-14 Simplified soilless cultivation in lettuce
- 2020-09-11 Helping crops fight off smoke, rain and too much sun
- 2020-09-10 Tinted solar panels allow plants to grow efficiently on ‘agrivoltaic’ farms
- 2020-09-10 CAN (ON): Nutrient solution analysis projects for greenhouses and vertical farms
- 2020-09-10 Supplemental LED increases tomato yield in Mediterranean semi-closed greenhouse
- 2020-09-10 Chambers launches major independent raspberry varietal trial
- 2020-09-09 88 year old man harvests 2.3 kg heavy tomato
- 2020-09-08 South Africa: Sought-after East London tomatoes reap revenue from afar
- 2020-09-08 Effect of organic vs conventional cropping systems in courgette
- 2020-09-08 Farm in Zambales has competitive edge in market through hydroponics
- 2020-09-08 Natural Light Growing Centre reaps first harvest
- 2020-09-08 250,000 essential bees almost did not reach Canada this year
- 2020-09-07 It's always tomato time in Camarillo, CA
- 2020-09-07 Caffeinated nectar improving pollination efficacy