Top 5 -yesterday
- Top tips for growing lettuce in a greenhouse
- Taking the wisdom from indoor farming and bringing it into greenhouses
- Greenhouse grower purchases 75-acre greenhouse in Jalisco, Mexico
- "One thing's sure: there will be less lit cultivation next season"
- New type of strawberry harvester introduced to the market
Top 5 -last month
Thailand: 'Vertical growing system triples harvest compared to horizontal NFT system'
“We have vertical systems for commercial use and smaller systems that can be used at home,” says Dessy Lim, Marketing Manager of Thai Advance. “Nowadays more and more people like to know where their food comes from and they want to be sure that it’s fresh and without pesticides. If you grow your vegetables yourself, then you’re certain of this.”
The vertical system can be used for hydroponics planting as well as for substrate planting. The systems are made from Food Graded plastics with UV and Heat Retardant.
Thai Advance came out with this vertical growing system design with the help of BIC of Prince of Songkhla University (PSU) Hatyai. "We developed this vertical system that isn’t only useful, but also really decorative to place on the balcony or some other place in the home."
For commercial farming, this vertical growing system of Thai Advance Agri Tech Co., Ltd can increase the harvest two or three times compared to the horizontal NFT systems.” Dessy says.
Dessy Lim, Marketing Manager of Thai Advance at HortiAsia
The company was present at HortiAsia to demonstrate the system for a broader public. “HortiAsia is our first official exhibition, and it is very good for us, because we can meet here with a lot of customers.
“This is the first year we are distributing this product, and we already export to Indonesia and Malaysia, and business is going well.” Thai Advance is already looking forward to broaden their market. “We hope to visit more international exhibitions. Yet, we have to take one step at a time and we’ll see what the future brings.”
For more information
Thai Advance Agri Tech Co., Ltd
Dessy Lim, Marketing Manager
84/ 56-57 Moo 7 Asia Road Tambon Khorhong Hatyai Thailand 90110
Tel: +66 85585 3331, +66 89492 2470, +66 093959 7599
Fax: +66 74 210 832, +66 74 210 404
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-08-11 US: How the climate deal would help farmers aid the environment
- 2022-08-10 Top tips for growing lettuce in a greenhouse
- 2022-08-09 "Drought will affect economy, not food supply"
- 2022-08-09 Uganda: Soilless farming highlights Kabale Farm Clinic
- 2022-08-09 Regulation of fleshy fruit ripening: From transcription factors to epigenetic modifications
- 2022-08-09 Mapping fruit characteristics faster with vision and AI
- 2022-08-08 Growing fruits and vegetables on the roof of the MIN in Toulouse
- 2022-08-08 Covered cultivation extends soft fruit season
- 2022-08-08 Pink and White strawberries soon to hit Aussie market
- 2022-08-08 "Fulvic acid encourages optimal growth in all plant phases"
- 2022-07-22 US (VA): Inside the Goochland greenhouse trying to create the freshest lettuce in town
- 2022-07-22 Powering plant growth with solar instead of photosynthesis more efficient?
- 2022-07-21 Prediction of strawberry fruit yield based on cultivar-specific growth models
- 2022-07-21 Crop change in Southern Europe greenhouses
- 2022-07-20 Take a look in the RIPE facility
- 2022-07-20 Higher productivity and earliness are the story behind these pink greenhouses
- 2022-07-19 SpaceX Dragon docks with ISS carrying research and fresh vegetables
- 2022-07-19 A satellite view of Almeria's sea of greenhouses
- 2022-07-18 New sprayer for strawberries and low-growing crops
- 2022-07-18 Texan urban farms donates one million servings