In the latest issue of Wageningen World, Wageningen Plant Research director Ernst van den Ende discusses the future of CRISPR-Cas. Last year, the European Court of Justice ruled that plant breeding using CRISPR-Cas constitutes genetic modification. Van den Ende now gives his thoughts on the consequences of that decision: 'The European directive is no longer appropriate for modern-day technology.'
- Commercial Manager | Fresh Produce | Kenya
- Technical Sales Agronomist - Switzerland
- International Retail Account Manager Fruit
- (Senior) Sourcing Manager Fruit
- Territory Account Manager - Texas, Colorado, and the Toronto/Niagara area of Canada
- National Development Manager, Bravo(TM) Apples - Australia
- Greenhouse Head Grower and Manager - Canada
- Greenhouse operations manager - Canada
- Sales Representative - Canada
- Product Specialist, Indoor Hydroponics - United States
Top 5 -yesterday
- 25-hectare greenhouse to house largest US LED project
- UK tomato grower Mill Nurseries set for 8 acre expansion
- "It has been one and a half years since I've seen the cucumber mosaic virus in my greenhouse”
- "Mix of beneficial insects keeps thrips under control in strawberries"
- "100,000 square foot facilities near every major US city"
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-08-19 Neighboring aromatic-aromatic amino acid combination governs activity divergence between tomato phytoene synthases
- 2019-08-15 "Providing knowledge a breeder can use and a grower can benefit from"
- 2019-08-15 Romaine lettuce cultivars with low tissue browning
- 2019-08-15 New bacterial wilt resistant tomato variety
- 2019-08-14 It's taken almost a decade. But this man thinks he's perfected Ontario tomatoes
- 2019-08-14 YOOM purple tomato attracts new customers
- 2019-08-13 CAN (ON): Long English cucumber grower switches to different variety
- 2019-08-09 What future for French varietal innovation?
- 2019-08-09 ASTA comments on USDA’s proposed rule on genetically engineered organisms
- 2019-08-07 UK: Hairy, spiky, round and knobbly cucumbers
- 2019-08-07 To feed its 1.4 billion, China bets big on genome editing of crops
- 2019-08-07 Virus-resistant tomato declared as non-genetically modified by USDA
- 2019-08-05 "New UK hybrid super-hot chilli is quicker and easier to harvest"
- 2019-07-19 "Almeria is a global point of reference in plant genetic improvement"
- 2019-07-19 The rise, fall and resurrection of a Russian seed bank pioneer
- 2019-07-19 UK: NIAB EMR launches new strawberry varieties
- 2019-07-17 US (CA): New video about critical aspects of vegetable production
- 2019-07-17 India: Tissue culture laboratory resumes functioning
- 2019-07-16 Using CRISPR to enhance traditional breeding techniques in nontraditional ways
- 2019-07-12 Researchers can finally modify plant mitochondrial DNA