Houweling's is a family-owned, family-operated greenhouse tomato grower with facilities in Camarillo, California, as well as Utah and British Columbia. Founded by Cornelius Houweling and now led by his son Casey, Houweling's grows a variety of greenhouse tomatoes and cucumbers, while constantly innovating to reduce its environmental footprint—from installing solar panels and recycling most of its greenhouse waste to using a drip irrigation system that ensures water usage is at maximum efficiency.
- Import-Export senior Sales Agents to Europe - Barcelona, Spain
- Teamleader Agronomist Vertical Farm - Poeldijk, The Netherlands
- Internationaal Verkoper / Trader AGF - Barendrecht
- Greenhouse Installation Specialist
- Greenhouse Assistant Grower - Abbotsford (B.C.) Canada
- QA Officer Retail - Maasdijk
- Manager Seed Technology - Hann. Münden, Germany
- Sales Director Required - Leading FMCG/Fresh Food Business
- Chief Executive Officer - FMCG/Fresh Foods
- Junior Product Manager - Brassica
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- “Developing new grow bags for the ever increasing blueberry market”
- First report of tomato brown rugose fruit virus infecting tomato in Germany
- "We can advise in any crop to be micropropagated in a safe way"
- Easy-to-construct greenhouse keeps the cold out and the warmth in
- Plant empowerment and data driven growing enjoys worldwide following
Top 5 -last month
- Advancements in automated commercial scale vertical farming
- Finland: Fully automatic vertical farm demo facility opened
- Mexico: One dead and 10 injured in greenhouse explosion
- "Mushroom growth as an early precursor of what is now vertical farming"
- CAN (BC): "We have discovered the cannabis industry is not quite ready for outsourcing plant propagation"
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-01-15 UK: RHS calls for wartime veg plot photos
- 2019-01-15 EDEN ISS antarctic grower Paul Zabel returns
- 2019-01-14 Reducing plastic: A priority for Canadian greenhouse grower
- 2019-01-14 Australia: Abundant delivers delicious nutrition by the tonne
- 2019-01-14 French cucumber grower goes year-round with LED
- 2019-01-14 Big merger in Dutch tomato industry annulled
- 2019-01-11 South Africa: Adaptation key to vegetable farmer’s sustainable growth
- 2019-01-11 Westfield creates urban farm on top of French shopping mall
- 2019-01-11 Northern Uganda: Innovative farmer took matooke to West Nile region
- 2019-01-11 Automotive painter quits spraying to grow organically
- 2019-01-10 AmericanHort HortScholars program now accepting applications
- 2019-01-09 "We changed the variety, but we did not change the sweetness"
- 2019-01-09 "By request we are also going to grow medium-large vine tomatoes in 2019"
- 2019-01-09 Guided tour of the largest cherry tomato farm in Africa
- 2019-01-09 Sixty PCA members attend grower day in Western Sydney
- 2019-01-08 First harvest of Luther strawberries planned in Wittenberg
- 2019-01-07 Clip: Canada's first vertical mushroom farm
- 2019-01-07 India: Conventional problems, unconventional solutions
- 2019-01-07 'Popularity of Asian cuisine drives demand for Asiatic herbs'
- 2019-01-04 CAN (ON): Mississauga Food Bank increases aquaponics farm capacity