- Lead Engineer (Horticultural Systems)
- Head Grower - Kenya
- Environmental Officer - Home based
- Commercial Manager - Fresh Produce, Kenya
- Assistant Growers - Australia
- Grower Managers and Senior Growers - Australia
- Sales Manager Europe - Mont-Ras (Girona), ES
- Global Sales Manager - Negotiable location
- Head of Global Sales - Netherlands or Israel
- Sales Manager - AIS Greenworks, Australia
Future looks promising for hydroponic grape growing
Involved with the horticulture industry since 1996, Chris Higgins is one of the experts when it comes to hydroponics and controlled environments for growing. The owner/manager of Hort Americas, a firm specializing in industry leading knowledge of commercial hydroponic vegetable production, vertical farming, urban agriculture and LED grow lights, Higgins said his team is dedicated to playing an integral role in the different niches of commercial horticulture.
Based in Texas, the company works closely with manufacturers from around the world to bring the highest quality, technically advanced, and most cost effective products to greenhouse growers in Canada, the United States, the Caribbean and Mexico.
"In the United States we have a growing market that is interested in controlled environment agriculture," Higgins told The Grapevine. "In this growing market we have a lot of people who are very new to being commercial growers. What we can help them do is map out the products, technologies and services they might need to be successful."
Click here to read the complete article at thegrapevinemagazine.net
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-05-24 North American tomatoes see crossover in production
- 2019-05-22 "Double cropping tunnel-grown raspberries can increase overall yields"
- 2019-05-22 Can California cherries be protected against rain events?
- 2019-05-22 Experimental cultivation of organic pink tomatoes in Murcia
- 2019-05-20 Application of nano-silicon dioxide improves salt stress tolerance in strawberry plants
- 2019-05-16 New control program makes data easy to access
- 2019-05-09 Benefits of growing strawberries under low tunnels
- 2019-05-09 Testing saffron in hydroponic cultivation
- 2019-05-08 Application of hydrogen in greenhouse horticulture discussed from three perspectives
- 2019-05-08 Yuma, Arizona: Only citrus screen house in the state
- 2019-05-08 "At Whitsun we can look forward to fresh open field strawberries"
- 2019-05-07 Essentials for growing hydroponic strawberries successfully
- 2019-05-07 Micro-tunnels, an alternative coverage system in Argentina
- 2019-05-06 US: Strawberry establishment and production enterprise budget
- 2019-05-06 New additions to Delphy Improvement Center team
- 2019-05-03 Time-lapse: planting organic tomatoes
- 2019-05-01 Alternative rootstocks for eggplant
- 2019-05-01 Fast growing papaya trees in greenhouses
- 2019-04-30 Grapefruits: next crop in row for 'horticulturalisation'
- 2019-04-29 "Growing needs to be done based on facts"