- Sales Coordination Manager - Geeste, Emsland, Germany
- Sales Representatives Horticultural Greenhouses - Mexico
- Head Grower/Agronomist - Cambridge, New Zealand
- Research Greenhouse Manager - Durham (New Hampshire) USA
- Customer Account Manager - New Milton, UK
- Head of Sales, Europe
- Innovation Leader - Crop Trials in Bologna, Italy
- Sales consultant for nursery and horticultural products - Australia
- Business Developer Soft Fruit
- Head Grower - Cathedral City, California USA
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- "Prevention is the best defence for ToBRFV"
- Improving the plants root system with extra oxygen
- "There are opportunities for Iranian growers in the horticultural industry"
- Mastronardi Produce and John Paul DeJoria announce partnership
- "As a grower, I know how important a proper sounding board can be"
Top 5 -last month
Windset Farms wins the Tomato Inspiration Award 2014
Over 200 horticultural representatives attended the Tomato Inspiration Event today in Berlin. Amongst them the top 80 tomato growers in the world. Five of them were nominated as world’s best tomato grower in marketing and sales, being Agricola El Rosal from Mexico, GreenCo from the Netherlands, Mastronardi/Sunset from Canada, Red Star from the Netherlands and Windset Farms from Canada. A professional jury chose Windset Farms as overall winner of the Tomato Inspiration Award 2014.
Windset Farms was awarded for their outstanding performance in marketing and sales. Windset Farms owns growing operations with a total acreage of approximately 267 hectares in the greater Vancouver area in Canada, Las Vegas, Nevada and Santa Maria, California in the US and in Mexico. The company also contracts growers in North America, Europe and New Zealand. It grows red and yellow grape, campari and cocktail, roma, tomato on the vine, beefsteak, and heirloom tomatoes. In addition it also grows various types of peppers, cucumbers, lettuce, and strawberries. Meiny Prins, CEO of Priva, presented the award to Windset Farms.
The Tomato Inspiration Event is an annual initiative of HortiBiz. The first event has been supported by eight partners: Bayer CropScience, Saint-Gobain Cultilene, GreenQ/DLV Plant, Koppert Biological Systems, Nunhems, Priva, Revaho and Svensson. Together they invited the top 100 tomato growers in the world to meet in Berlin, from which 80% have accepted the invitation. Over 200 people attended the event, including growers, speakers, partners and press. The event enables prominent tomato companies to meet and inspire each other and raise the sector to an even higher level.
Publication date :
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-03-21 China: Futong reaches cooperation agreement with Wageningen University & Research
- 2019-03-21 University of Granada participates in eTOMATO project
- 2019-03-21 Automation technology company introduces new software for digital sorter
- 2019-03-21 Sainsbury's and ASDA detail £1.6 billion cost savings to CMA
- 2019-03-21 First trees planted for new HQ greenhouse building company
- 2019-03-21 United Fresh names 25 retail produce manager award honorees
- 2019-03-21 Greenyard Horticulture changes name to Agaris
- 2019-03-21 Horti LED production line added to Signify factory in Camargo
- 2019-03-21 Racing through the Powerplants Australia facility
- 2019-03-21 UK: Video helps growers develop essential skills in fruit-picking workforce
- 2019-03-21 “Encouraging situation for Moroccan products on the French market”
- 2019-03-21 The success of the campaign of the Candonga strawberries thanks to high pressure
- 2019-03-20 Organic Italian Consortium focuses on Germany
- 2019-03-20 Adrian Percy joins Finistere Ventures as CTO
- 2019-03-20 Syngenta Ventures announces new leadership
- 2019-03-20 US (VA): West Virginia Department of Agriculture is accepting grant applications
- 2019-03-20 California leafy greens grower hires Jeff Cook as new CFO
- 2019-03-20 DE: Tim Fischer steps down as executive board chair
- 2019-03-20 Maarten de Jager presents 8000 euro cheque to Ronald McDonald House
- 2019-03-20 "ChemChina-Sinochem: The new mega-company"