- VP Growing Operations
- Head Grower Strawberries, Australia
- Growing Manager for Hydroponic strawberry producer
- Farm Manager Costa Rica
- Regional Sales Manager Fresh Produce
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Export Trade Manager
- Business Developer - Northern Europe
- Orchard Sector Manager
Roads cut off, crops damaged
China: Blizzards cause fruit & vegetable prices to surge
State radio said prices of vegetables like cabbages and lettuce more than doubled in the past week in eastern Anhui province due to transport curbs and damage to crops.
Reuters reports that China has warned of a second wave of snow and sleet hitting northern, central and eastern parts on Friday after record snowfall paralyzed parts of the country in the most severe weather this winter.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2020-05-26 Changing weather patterns impact US fruit and vegetable production
- 2020-01-09 Australia: 110 years of recorded temperatures
- 2019-12-20 Number of years since a "record hottest" and "record coldest" year
- 2018-09-04 Mauritius: Increasing the resilience of small farmers to the effects of climate change
- 2018-07-05 Northern Europe dry, Southern Europe hit by hail
- 2018-06-22 "Every ending has a new beginning"
- 2018-06-11 Impact of grow room vapor pressure deficit
- 2018-06-07 A case for a monitoring rethink in horticulture
- 2018-05-03 Hailstorm hits Poniente area of Almeria
- 2018-04-11 Time to coat greenhouses
- 2018-01-08 China: Blizzards cause fruit & vegetable prices to surge
- 2018-01-08 Florida lettuce production on track despite weather problems
- 2018-01-04 China is expecting snow and rain
- 2017-10-17 And the Hoogendoorn photo contest winners are...
- 2017-07-06 Italy: Sicilian growers invest in recirculating hydroponics
- 2017-07-03 Autogrow advocates open source climate controls
- 2017-03-01 What do greenhouses and ice arenas have in common?
- 2016-07-13 Weatherproofing the greenhouse of the future
- 2016-04-11 Take advantage of air above the screen to regulate humidity
- 2016-04-04 Russia: Monitoring Platform at Lipetsk Agro