- Office and Sales Administrator - Alkmaar - Schagen, Nederland
- Greenhouse Plug Propagator - Dunnville (Ontario) Canada
- Head Grower new Tomato farm, Iowa USA
- Senior Grower Tomato, NSW Australia
- Grower Managers (5ha or 10ha) - Australia
- Rose Grower
- Farm Manager Tomato Greenhouse Nursery, Tunisia
- Sales Manager
- Group Chief Operating Officer
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- Vietnam: Newly opened greenhouse in Son La is 'part of something bigger'
- ToBRFV Europe update: more cases confirmed
- LED Lighted greenhouses shown in new photography project
- Growing tomatoes in hot countries: keeping ample light inside
- Plenty of interest in 50 hectare bankrupt Dutch greenhouse company
Top 5 -last month
- Producing seedlings in an off-grid LED lit vertical farming facility
- Simply Fresh investing $30M for greenhouse project in India
- A biodegradable plant propagation system looking to take off in the Australian market
- 10 ha expansion for CHP-heated Leamington pepper project
- "American greenhouse horticulture is way ahead when it concerns lighting"
Absence of cold storage: Indian tomato farmers resort to distress sales
Even as tomatoes are being sold for 20-30 rupees (0.26-0.39 euros) a kilogram in open market in Rourkela and other towns in the state, farmers in Nuagaon find it difficult to recover even the cost of cultivation as traders do not offer them more than 8 to 10 rupees (0.11-0.13 euros) per kg. The growers are often fearful about defaulting on loan payments.
While the farmers had expected to make a profit from this year’s harvest, the distress sale has shattered their hopes again. They are frustrated at the absence of storage facilities. Orissapost.com reported that after repeated demands for cold storage, there was a mini cold storage constructed in Nuagaon. Another cold storage was constructed in 2013-14. However, both cold storages are closed now.
Lack of awareness and support from Horticulture and Agriculture Departments keeps on worsening the farmers’ plight.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2019-09-25 Significance of vacuum cooling for fresh produce
- 2019-07-08 "It is difficult to lower the temperature in the vegetable core to the required four degrees."
- 2019-06-03 Air distribution mat against temperature fluctuations
- 2019-02-01 New cold store and cooking facility for Swedish vegetables
- 2018-07-04 Vacuum cooling for every small hold farmer on the planet
- 2018-06-27 US (CA): JSK cooling system for Sunniva
- 2018-06-07 Netherlands: IPHandlers builds new Perishable Centre
- 2018-02-27 North-east India: Farm-side cold storages for vegetables
- 2018-01-04 Absence of cold storage: Indian tomato farmers resort to distress sales
- 2017-12-13 Cold chain solutions for Nigerian farmers
- 2017-12-13 Fresh investment poised to bring innovative device to exporters worldwide
- 2017-12-12 India: Cold storage for growers in the orange bowl of Manipur
- 2017-11-22 What is hydronic cooling?
- 2017-11-13 China: Demand for refrigerated trucks is steadily growing
- 2017-10-03 Tecnova implements a greenhouse refrigeration system in Egypt
- 2017-09-01 Royal treatment for the 'King of the frozen fruits': the strawberry
- 2017-06-07 New monitoring solution for food retailers
- 2017-05-17 "If you don't jump on it quickly, CGMMV can easily get out of hand"
- 2017-04-03 China: Large cold chain logistics center to be built in Ganzhou
- 2017-03-16 Conviron announces new distributor for Colombia, Peru and Ecuador