- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Operations Accountant
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- “Here in Türkiye, we heat greenhouses with geothermal water, which is much cheaper than gas”
- "You have to be knowledgeable about the crop, but also know how to work with others"
- Belgian tomato grower raided on suspicion of using prohibited ToBRFV vaccine
- "A month later, we've had to replant up to 27% of the strawberry plants"
- Labor challenges and inflation in the Canadian horti sector
Top 5 -last month
- Zambia: "We produce 5,000 units of lettuce per week, per tunnel, year-round"
- UK growers stop planting and put nurseries on sale amidst energy crisis and labor shortage
- Family business: growing tomatoes in greenhouses for over 60 years with an eye on innovations
- Passive solar greenhouses: How Ladakh farmers are harvesting crops in winter
- Grow it forward receives USDA grant and doubles hydroponic capabilities
Kick-off HiPerGreen: continued development for drone in the greenhouse
With the drone, which features cameras and sensors, it is possible for growers to monitor the health of plants in a smart and fast manner. During the kick-off, the approach and objectives of the project are presented. In addition, during the kick-off, workshops are given and some guest speakers will inspire the visitors with state-of-the-art technology. For example, Jeremy Harbinson, professor Wageningen University, will discuss technology in the green sector. Arash Noroozi, CEO of ElpaNav, will address localization by using bluetooth. Javier Nunez, electronics engineer at AvioniCS, takes you into the world of operating systems in aviation and Pieter van der Hoeven, teacher-researcher at Inholland, will address business strategies.
The restart of the project of the Aviation Technology students is possible thanks to a SIA RAAK-SME subsidy worth half a million euros. Eight groups of teachers and students are involved in the project from three fields of education (Agri, Food & Life Sciences, Business Finance & Law and Engineering Design & Informatics) and four Inholland locations (Delft, Alkmaar, Haarlem and Diemen). The overall key role is performed by Inholland lecturer Cock Heemskerk (Robotica).
"This project represents an excellent opportunity for us to expand our network and to further our plans," says Lucien Fesselet, developer of the project. "As young engineers, we are also very pleased that we have the opportunity to do such a project so early in our career. This might otherwise take years!"
The Delft students had developed a drone during a minor to check plants for diseases in horticultural greenhouses. The Drones in the Greenhouse project received global attention with many positive responses, even from Canada and South and Central America. The students are frequently requested guests at seminars, symposia and lectures in the horticulture sector. They arranged demonstrations, for Floricode, Greenport Westland-Oostland and more.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-11-18 3-in-1 sensor to simultaneously monitor soil-based production
- 2022-11-16 “The garage door is one of the most important parts of a passive solar greenhouse”
- 2022-11-16 Even more energy saving possible with energy-efficient fan
- 2022-11-16 Introduction video: see strawberry harvesting robot in action
- 2022-11-14 Grower tries 'V-shape' steering, already sees positive results
- 2022-11-10 Otto: the IPM scouting and yield forecasting greenhouse robot
- 2022-11-09 Building the right facility for the indoor cultivation operation
- 2022-11-08 ProSeal extends automatic case packer range
- 2022-11-01 Cutting produce with water: "the produce stays fresher"
- 2022-10-25 Yield prediction in vine tomatoes: towards one robot for all tomato varieties
- 2022-10-21 SA: Expert warns that cyber threats to smart farming could threaten food security
- 2022-10-18 Stopping condensation droplets from absorbing light and promoting pathogens
- 2022-10-14 The latest innovations for aquaponics and vertical farming
- 2022-10-05 “A million gallons of water that could be recycled or repurposed”
- 2022-09-29 How to solve efficiency in farm processing
- 2022-09-27 "Increasing adoption of ag robots as more growers ‘get it’"
- 2022-09-27 Renting brings crate washing on scale within reach
- 2022-09-27 China's first artificial intelligence 5G agricultural robot comes out
- 2022-09-26 Technology has become the foundation of blueberry cultivation
- 2022-09-23 Guardian Agriculture presents autonomous electric drone sprayer