- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Operations Accountant
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- “Here in Türkiye, we heat greenhouses with geothermal water, which is much cheaper than gas”
- "You have to be knowledgeable about the crop, but also know how to work with others"
- Belgian tomato grower raided on suspicion of using prohibited ToBRFV vaccine
- "A month later, we've had to replant up to 27% of the strawberry plants"
- Labor challenges and inflation in the Canadian horti sector
Top 5 -last month
- Zambia: "We produce 5,000 units of lettuce per week, per tunnel, year-round"
- UK growers stop planting and put nurseries on sale amidst energy crisis and labor shortage
- Family business: growing tomatoes in greenhouses for over 60 years with an eye on innovations
- Passive solar greenhouses: How Ladakh farmers are harvesting crops in winter
- Grow it forward receives USDA grant and doubles hydroponic capabilities
LetsGrow.com heatmap provides new insight
Horizontal differences in temperature and RH
At this moment, a greenhouse has a limited amount of sensor units that are connected to the climate computer.
These sensor units measure the temperature, RH and the CO2. These units present the data as if the climate in a greenhouse is evenly spaced. However, recent research has shown that there are greater differences between temperature and RH in a greenhouse than has been thought earlier, according to Ton van Dijk, Sales Manager LetsGrow.com.
Insights in temperature
Since a few months, it is possible to show the data from all your sensor units in a heatmap.
With the data out of the sensor units we can make an overview of the temperature and relative air humidity in the greenhouse, even on a 5 minute basis. By showing these measurements as a movie, you can get a perfect insight into the temperature in your greenhouse.
we can make a 3D overview of the greenhouse, by hanging the sensor units at different heights in the greenhouse, for example between the plants, at the head of the plant and at the screening.
Ton van Dijk: "With the help of the measurements, we can seriously think about technical adjustments that are needed for the greenhouse, in order to optimise the climate in the greenhouse."
Letsgrow.com can collect, present and analyse the data of every sensor unit. In this way, the heatmap can be expanded by measurements of other systems. With this data, we can make correlations between the different measurements. By making these correlations, we can explain the different situations in your greenhouse and help you to prevent the plants from growth or quality differences, or diseases. Our goal is to give you a higher production with a better quality.
For more information:
3131 HX Vlaardingen
T: +31 (0)10 460 81 08
F: +31 (0)10 460 80 00
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-11-18 3-in-1 sensor to simultaneously monitor soil-based production
- 2022-11-16 “The garage door is one of the most important parts of a passive solar greenhouse”
- 2022-11-16 Even more energy saving possible with energy-efficient fan
- 2022-11-16 Introduction video: see strawberry harvesting robot in action
- 2022-11-14 Grower tries 'V-shape' steering, already sees positive results
- 2022-11-10 Otto: the IPM scouting and yield forecasting greenhouse robot
- 2022-11-09 Building the right facility for the indoor cultivation operation
- 2022-11-08 ProSeal extends automatic case packer range
- 2022-11-01 Cutting produce with water: "the produce stays fresher"
- 2022-10-25 Yield prediction in vine tomatoes: towards one robot for all tomato varieties
- 2022-10-21 SA: Expert warns that cyber threats to smart farming could threaten food security
- 2022-10-18 Stopping condensation droplets from absorbing light and promoting pathogens
- 2022-10-14 The latest innovations for aquaponics and vertical farming
- 2022-10-05 “A million gallons of water that could be recycled or repurposed”
- 2022-09-29 How to solve efficiency in farm processing
- 2022-09-27 "Increasing adoption of ag robots as more growers ‘get it’"
- 2022-09-27 Renting brings crate washing on scale within reach
- 2022-09-27 China's first artificial intelligence 5G agricultural robot comes out
- 2022-09-26 Technology has become the foundation of blueberry cultivation
- 2022-09-23 Guardian Agriculture presents autonomous electric drone sprayer