- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Grower | Cannabis
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
- International Fruit Trader
- Sales Manager (Europe Division)
"Participating in the QS system is an important contribution to the active protection of consumers"
High quality and safe vegetables from Lake Constance
The basis of growing vegetables is the traditional family company that is situated on the island. In 1956, local producers joined together in their own partnership, Reichenau-Gemüse. In the meantime, 75 companies produce vegetables for the food product trade, weekly markets, and restaurants in Baden-Württemberg and Bayern on a total area of 153 hectares, in greenhouses as well as on outdoor surfaces. Additionally, Reichenau keeps fruit and vegetables from all over the world available for their customers.
Active consumer protection with QS
Reichenau-Gemüse has high demands for the quality and safety of their products. Their producers work according to the requirements of QS, IFS, EU-BIO, Bioland and their own "Reichenau Quality Assurance System". Since 2011, the producer partnership has been an active participant in the QS system. "Participating in the QS system is an important contribution to the active protection of customers," explains manager Christian Müller. "By complying with the strict QS requirements in all the stages of the supply chain, the consumer can purchase the QS certified products without worries."
Müller also thinks there are advantages for their own company: "If we keep working on the requirements for participation in the QS system, this will help us with out internal processes. The QS residue monitors, for example, support the processes of our own residue control systems that we also use."
High standards for sustainability
From the production to the transport to consumers - Sustainability is of the utmost importance for Reichenau-Gemüse. Their energy comes from Biogas and their green electricity is generated from waterpower as well as their own photovoltaic plant. An irrigation network of about 60 kilometres (37 miles) long is used to supply all their systems with water from Lake Constance. "Short transport routes and modern refrigerating equipment also contribute to the protection of the environment," Müller says.
For more information:
78479 Insel Reichenau
T +49 (0) 7534 9200-0
F +49 (0) 7534 9200-20
QS Qualität und Sicherheit GmbH
Telephone: +49 (0) 228 35068-0
Telefax: +49 (0) 228 35068-10
Source: QS-Report 2/2017
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-11-27 Most vegetables consumed in Germany come from abroad
- 2023-11-27 Iran: Sistan-Baluchestan province’s annual greenhouse output stands at 73,000 tons
- 2023-11-27 UK: ‘Strong food theme’ reflected in GCA BoT figures for October
- 2023-11-27 Drewry’s World Container Index decreased by 6% this week
- 2023-11-27 Canada winding down bell pepper production soon
- 2023-11-24 Fruit and vegetable exports Vietnam reach new heights
- 2023-11-24 Azerbaijan's trade in fruits and vegetables for the period of January to September
- 2023-11-24 Peru’s blueberry industry already wondering about El Niño effect for next season
- 2023-11-24 USDA partners with Rhode Island to award over $1.5M to strengthen food supply chain infrastructure
- 2023-11-24 Mexico: Bell pepper volume starting to increase again
- 2023-11-24 Aussie horticulture industries unite to bolster sustainability
- 2023-11-24 As of early November, Ukraine has harvested almost 29 million tons of vegetables
- 2023-11-24 Navi Mumbai sees surge in tomato prices as supply drops
- 2023-11-24 Pepper market finds itself in different phases across the globe
- 2023-11-23 In the Komi Republic, tomatoes emerged as the leaders in price growth in October
- 2023-11-23 "Despite hot spell in summer, quality is excellent"