- Grower / Head Grower Canada
- Maintenance Engineer (CA, USA)
- Head of Horticulture - Thuwal, Saudi Arabia
- Executive Officer - Brisbane, Australia
- European Export Sales Manager (Asia Market)
- Greenhouse Manager - Carlisle (PA) USA
- Electricians / Irrigation Technicians International Horticultural Projects (USA)
- Regional Sales Manager - LED Horticulture / Benelux and France
- Sales Representatives Horticultural Greenhouses - Mexico
- Export Development Manager - Avocados Australia, Brisbane
Top 5 -yesterday
- What is the difference between Red/Blue vs. broad spectrum LEDs
- "CEA can increase its U.S. market share by 5x over the next 10 years"
- Armela Farms builds largest fully automated lettuce greenhouse in the United Arab Emirates
- Brigitte Nugteren new Managing Director Drive Systems at Ridder
- US (MI): Revolution Farms to add 50,000 sq ft greenhouse
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
China: Opportunities for greenhouse cultivation in Shandong
The vegetable sown area in Shandong makes up 1/10 of China’s total, with the output equivalent of 1/7 of China’s total.
In 2015, its vegetable output value (including gourd vegetables) totaled 214 billion RMB, accounting for about 43% of the total agricultural output value of Shandong.
Shandong is also a leader in protected cultivation. Shandong has the largest surface area of greenhouses in China. The protected area totaled over 973,000ha (including 300,000ha solar greenhouses and the rest of different sized tunnels) in 2015, roughly 1/4 of nation’s total.
Shandong has been the largest exporter of vegetables both in output and value for 15 consecutive years, which accounts for about 1/3 of nation’s total. In 2015, over 3,000 processing companies exported vegetables and products worth 3.62 billion USD, to over 170 countries and regions across the globe.
The Dutch government has released a report detailing the opportunities for greenhouse vegetable cultivation in the Chinese province. Download the report here.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2020-12-04 Turkey exports $280 million worth of tomatoes to 60 countries
- 2020-12-04 Australia experiences a reduction in fruit consumption during pandemic year as vegetables surge
- 2020-12-04 Sicilian vegetables mainly sent to the Netherlands
- 2020-12-03 Costco: November and Q1 fiscal year 2021 sales results
- 2020-12-03 Russia increases fruit and vegetable imports
- 2020-12-03 Fresh Foods in Mumbai: List of companies that offer online fresh produce in Mumbai
- 2020-12-03 AU: Berry body calls for fast tracking of national labour hire licensing scheme
- 2020-12-03 Andalusian companies exporting to UK increase by 7,8%
- 2020-12-03 85% of Turkey’s hydroponic production is exported
- 2020-12-03 Which Europeans have changed their consumption habits the most due to COVID-19?
- 2020-12-03 Ontario’s 2020 budget: Spending on agriculture
- 2020-12-02 Global CEA Census report shows continued positivity despite COVID-19
- 2020-12-02 Avocados and tomatoes are dominating Texas imports
- 2020-12-02 Tajikistan: Hot pepper prices increase fivefold
- 2020-12-02 Harvest and exports of Greek strawberries doing well
- 2020-12-01 Ample supplies of California celery
- 2020-12-01 Italian radish prices and demand are dropping
- 2020-12-01 CAN: "Completion of meeting is first step in bringing meaningful improvements to the AgriStability"
- 2020-12-01 Proposal to destroy one out of every three cucumbers harvested in Almería
- 2020-12-01 Iran and Azerbaijan to cooperate in horticulture