- VP Growing Operations
- Head Grower Strawberries, Australia
- Growing Manager for Hydroponic strawberry producer
- Farm Manager Costa Rica
- Regional Sales Manager Fresh Produce
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Export Trade Manager
- Business Developer - Northern Europe
- Orchard Sector Manager
Medium-term prospects for EU agricultural markets and income 2016-2026
These assumptions imply relatively smooth market developments while in reality markets tend to be much more volatile. Therefore, the outlook is not a forecast. More precisely, the projections correspond to the average trend agricultural markets are expected to follow in a given macroeconomic environment were policies to remain unchanged.
This report presents the medium-term outlook for the major EU agricultural commodity markets (arable crops, biofuels, meat, dairy products, olive oil, wine, apples and tomatoes) and agricultural income to 2026. This analysis is based on information available at the end of September 2016 for agricultural production and an agro-economic model used by the European Commission. It is accompanied by an uncertainty analysis quantifying potential variations of the results stemming in particular from fluctuations in the macroeconomic environment and yields of the main crops.
As part of the validation process, an external review of the baseline and the uncertainty scenarios was conducted at an outlook workshop in Brussels on 25-26 October 2016. Valuable input was collected from high-level policy makers, European and international modelling and market experts, private companies and other stakeholders, and international organisations such as the OECD, FAO and the World Bank.
This European Commission publication is a joint effort between the Directorate-General for Agriculture and Rural Development and the Joint Research Centre's Institute for Prospective Technological Studies (JRC-Seville). Responsibility for the content rests with the Directorate-General for Agriculture and Rural Development. While every effort is made to provide a robust agricultural market and income outlook, strong uncertainties remain – hence the importance given to the uncertainty analysis. This publication does not necessarily reflect the official opinion of the European Commission.
View the report here.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-09-29 Cucumber and zucchini prices are significantly lower than in the same period of last year
- 2023-09-28 CAN (ON): Affordable housing investment project of $61.4M includes aquaponic farm
- 2023-09-28 Peppers pricey for this time of year
- 2023-09-28 California border patrol officers arrest man smuggling cocaine in cucumber shipment
- 2023-09-28 GfK figures and trends on fruit and vegetable consumption in Germany presented by Ulrike Singer
- 2023-09-28 Green, even more green, will it be houses or greenhouses in Harmelerwaard?
- 2023-09-27 "Shoppers may pay 50% more for tomatoes if the US puts duties on Mexican tomatoes"
- 2023-09-27 Spanish zucchini exports decrease by 18%
- 2023-09-27 Digitalization of the Spanish agricultural sector
- 2023-09-27 Nigerian tomato growers aim for decentralized production
- 2023-09-26 97% of Mexican berries go to the United States and Canada
- 2023-09-26 "Shift from tomatoes to other fruiting vegetables due to risk of ToBRFV"
- 2023-09-26 Fruit and vegetable exports Vietnam set for a record $5 billion this year
- 2023-09-26 Stable market ahead expected for Thai Chili peppers
- 2023-09-26 Production dip prompts price hike for loose tomatoes
- 2023-09-26 Azura Group and Foundation donating €1.5m to Moroccan earthquake relief fund
- 2023-09-25 Satisfactory market for Sicilian organic tomatoes in Germany
- 2023-09-25 Australians are still throwing away too many vegetables
- 2023-09-25 Microgreens are increasingly popular
- 2023-09-25 NASA’s record-breaking astronaut: scientific highlights of Frank Rubio’s year in space