- Export Sales Manager Europe Division
- Directors - New Zealand
- Nursery Production Manager Victoria Australia
- Technical Sales Consultant, Washington
- Export Sales Manager North America Exports
- Head Grower Hydroponic Greenhouse
- Account Manager – South-East Asia
- Vegetable Seed - EU Sales and Regional Manager
- Business Developer – High Tech Horticulture
- Operations Manager Organic Farm Barka Oman
Top 5 -yesterday
- "At the end of the day, everyone has to pay a higher price for the gas”
- Abu Dhabi: $84m contract for building two hydroponic farms
- Oishii opens new product segment by introducing $20 berries
- Researchers develop new plant wearable device to monitor water stress in crops
- Australia: Using BioClay technology to protect plants against whitefly
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- "Honduras greenhouse park to become the largest producer-exporter in the Central American region"
- Netherlands: Codema Systems Group declared bankrupt
- Shanghai: Young people who can't get vegetables start to "help themselves" through hydroponic vegetables
- Canada: Dutch holding company acquires Ontario Plants Propagation
- Google meets agriculture at Go Green Agriculture
How was your growth today?
During the first season the growers learned a lot about direct influences on growth. Climate and irrigation strategies were adapted in order to eliminate bad influences on growth. Settings in the process computer and the way of working which were unchanged for a long time, needed to be revised. Growers were confronted with unexpected reactions of the plant on changed conditions. In general they learned a lot about growth and how to influence this. The Paskal support team played an important role in this. Their experience in analyzing plant growth data helped the growers in making decisions for improvement.
In the second season most of the growth blocking issues were solved. Due to the flexibility and wireless communication with sensors, the system is, in some cases relocated or extended in order to get more insight in areas that needed additional attention.
New varieties, more or less artificial light, different temperature strategy? What is the effect on growth? The Growth Analyze System made it visual. One of growers remarks: “If I make a change, the effect is immediately apparent. In the past this could take several days”.
In the latest season 2015-2016, there were some extremes in weather. Stress in plants that caused reduction in growth by too high temperatures could be reduced to a minimum. The balance between humidity, temperature and irrigation were indicated online with the Paskal system, so the grower would be able to see the effect of adjustments immediately. In the past periods with extreme conditions, there was a negative influence on growth. Now with online monitoring and analyzing, the negative effects on growth are eliminated.
In practice, we see that data is collected increasingly during a growing season. Now, growth of the plants is added. In combination with data from the process computer, this is very valuable in order to make the right decisions. Following the development of the crop from a distance had always been a challenge. Pictures and movies of the crop in combination with all kind of overviews had been the sole tools of advisors and crop consultants until now. By using the Paskal Growth Analyze System they have a better view on growth. In this way, regular visits can be reduced and advice on distance can be more relevant. Access to the actual data by internet makes it possible to do checks on a regular base, which is perfect if you want to keep the finger on the pulse during a critical period.
The Paskal Growth Analyze System has a very clear and simple user interface, so the learning curve in operating the system is very short. All relevant data available in the process computer is transferred into a visual overview within the Paskal system. This makes the system suitable for a large group of users. After a while, some of them will develop into becoming a specialist and will contribute to a mutual insight in how growth can be improved.
Meanwhile, the development of new features continues. The Paskal development team is now doing final test to implement a wireless irrigation and drain monitoring system. This new feature will make it possible to show water content of the substrate, irrigation quantity per plant, drain per plant and the EC value of the drain water. This data is available in the Paskal Growth Analyze System. Paskal will introduce this new system at the end of 2016.
Do you want to make use of visualization of growth in the new season, or would you like to know more about the new irrigation and drain monitoring system, please feel free to contact us.
For more information:
Paskal Control Solutions
Sharia St. Park Koren
2101601 Ind. Zone
Tel: +972 4 667 95 00
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-05-19 Japan: Development of a growth sensing system for just-in-time production of strawberries
- 2022-05-19 Durable fruit pruner developed in corporation with tomato growers
- 2022-05-18 Snack tomato grower Westburg chooses data platform for now and the future
- 2022-05-18 Week-long work in the greenhouse without the need to charge
- 2022-05-17 New greenhouse machine Zeus protects crops and operators
- 2022-05-17 Wageningen agro food robotics parcours is back
- 2022-05-16 "We encase greenhouses in a layer of intelligence"
- 2022-05-11 "Consider dehumidification in your initial greenhouse planning"
- 2022-05-09 Ultrafiltration for closed cultivation, but what is ultrafiltration anyway?
- 2022-05-09 WUR works with digital cultivation logbook: "A flexible system like this is ideal for us"
- 2022-05-05 Canada: Heating 40 acres of greenhouses with mixture of natural and biogas
- 2022-05-04 Improving the efficiency of farming operations through smart data
- 2022-05-04 A Longhorn farm aims to reinvent farming - with robots
- 2022-05-04 Robot spins 16 arms to pick the ripest strawberries
- 2022-05-04 "Invest time in training and chances of success increase exponentially.”
- 2022-05-04 "Automated real-time stress alerts from your plants increase yields"
- 2022-05-03 Saving on labor with strawberry spraying
- 2022-05-03 Digital pepper growing: "The innovation lies in the application of existing technology"
- 2022-05-02 The problem with handheld moisture meters
- 2022-04-29 TomaGrow wins greenhouse competition: seeking to commercialize solutions found