- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
- International Fruit Trader
US: NGMA 2016 scholarship awarded to Alexander Schaller
Schaller is a senior with a double major in sustainable plant systems and agricultural economics and management. He is interested in ornamental and floriculture crop breeding and crop physiology. Upon graduation this spring, his plan is to participate in different internships for a year, then return to school to pursue an advanced degree in plant science focusing on genetics or pathology. His goal is to use this advanced degree to work on breeding for ornamental or vegetable crops.
“After I receive an advanced degree, I will continue to find ways to improve methods, production and distribution of goods in the field of floriculture,” said Schaller.
In addition to attending classes, Schaller is also the President of the undergraduate plant science club and assists in running the club's greenhouse and hosting many different plant science related workshops. He is also involved in many labs on campus working to gain experience in his field through assisting with research and performing his own. Outside of class, he enjoys hiking, photography and attending sports games.
The National Greenhouse Manufactures Association Scholarship targets students majoring in horticulture and bioengineering or the equivalent and are at least a junior at an accredited four-year college maintaining a 3.0 GPA.
For more information:
2207 Forest Hills Drive
Harrisburg, PA 17112
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-12-01 Bringing affordable speciality mushrooms to tables across Germany
- 2023-12-01 Former Isle of Wight tomato business land could be turned into houses
- 2023-12-01 "We all need to quickly switch to tropical fruit production in greenhouses"
- 2023-11-30 From eggplants to bullseyes: Dirk is the 'Aubergenius'
- 2023-11-29 Goulburn Valley grower abandons crop blaming high mark-ups at supermarkets
- 2023-11-28 Singapore: S$38 strawberry harvesting experience at hydroponics farm near Buona Vista
- 2023-11-27 Malaysia: Cultivating sustainable ways to feed the country
- 2023-11-27 "It's crucial to promote urban farming to boost healthy eating habits in cities"
- 2023-11-27 Ecuador’s blueberry industry is the 'new kid on the block' with 52 weeks supply advantage
- 2023-11-27 Cuba turns to aquaponics to solve food shortage
- 2023-11-27 Indonesian greenhouse sets record with 5.8 kg melon
- 2023-11-24 Little boy is a big fan of broccoli, sleeps with it but doesn't eat it
- 2023-11-24 Berry entrepreneurs in Huelva venture into the medical cannabis industry
- 2023-11-24 “We are only producing first-class products”
- 2023-11-23 US: Mushroom farm yields 800 to 1000lbs weekly
- 2023-11-23 Norway: “We’re matching import prices to break into the market”