- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Grower | Cannabis
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
- International Fruit Trader
Klasmann-Deilmann partners with Growcoon
From left to right: Ted Vollebregt, Managing Director Klasmann-Deilmann Benelux B.V., Horst Kupschus Sales Director Klasmann-Deilmann Europe, Bart Oude Wesselink, Managing Director Maan Biobased Products B.V.
Both parties had a strong desire to enter into a partnership together. “Over the past year, the Dutch market confirmed for us that the Growcoon is a groundbreaking, future-oriented and successful product for the horticultural sector. To specifically draw the attention of growers in the Netherlands and Europe to this product, we wanted to partner with an established internationally operating party within the horticultural sector. A key condition was that the partner’s image had to be a good fit for the Growcoon’s high-quality image. We are very happy to have found that partner in Klasmann-Deilmann,” says Bart Oude Wesselink, Managing Director Maan Biobased Products.
The internationally operating substrate supplier currently does not yet have any root plugs in its product portfolio and considers the Growcoon a strong product for the future. Ted Vollebregt (Managing Director Klasmann-Deilmann Benelux): “The international horticultural sector is rapidly changing. Klasmann-Deilmann plays an important role in this sector and therefore pays a great deal of attention to sustainable innovation. We see the Growcoon as a product that will structurally change the horticultural sector. Due to the close link between substrate and the Growcoon, we are pleased to be able to further market this product together with Maan Biobased Products.”
The Growcoon is an innovative 100% biodegradable root plug for the horticultural sector. The Growcoon decomposes within an average of twelve months, depending on environmental factors such as bacterial action, humidity and the acidity of the substrate. Active soil life in open-field cultivation, for example, accelerates the decomposition process. Due to the application of innovative production techniques, the Growcoon fits into the trays commonly used in the horticultural sector.
The Growcoon can be automatically inserted into the tray and can subsequently be filled by growers with their own substrate. The Growcoon’s good fit combined with loosely filled substrate and an open net-like structure, form the ideal environment for optimal and fast plant growth. Following its successful introduction in 2016, Maan Biobased Products expects sales to multiply by a factor of 10 in 2017.
For more information:
8102 HR Raalte
Tel. +31 (0)572 35 27 71
Fax. +31 (0)572 36 44 98
+49 5937 31 0
+49 5937 31 279
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-11-29 "The auction model is one that truly works in Almeria"
- 2023-11-29 How AI could power the climate breakthrough the world needs
- 2023-11-29 Bluelab unveils controller upgrade
- 2023-11-29 Plug & Play ready-to-use vertical farm solution with air distribution
- 2023-11-28 Canada: Vertical integration allows to have a farm set up on-site within 3-6 weeks
- 2023-11-27 Egypt: Growers transitioning to soilless farming to counter water scarcity
- 2023-11-24 "The surging berry demand, and the North American market growth are our focus points"
- 2023-11-24 Why do crops grow better with more light?
- 2023-11-24 Addressing labor shortage and preserving heritage through AI farming
- 2023-11-23 Smart farming seen as the solution in Japan’s ageing society
- 2023-11-23 Google's GraphCast can predict weather with 'unprecedented accuracy'
- 2023-11-23 Asia sees growing need for high-quality produce and leafy greens
- 2023-11-22 Netting cages offer a solution for easy insect inspection of new plant material
- 2023-11-22 Bosman Van Zaal now official dealer of Elpress
- 2023-11-22 How AI-led climate modelling could save millions of dollars
- 2023-11-22 Viscon continues development Honest AgTech autonomous driving horticultural robot