- Customer Support Executive
- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
Aquaporins - the guardians of waterflow through membranes
The aim of this experiment is to study water transport through the plant in general, but also the impact of alterations in water transport on plant development and water use efficiency. Water relations are measured by monitoring the gas exchange in a leaf with specific equipment.
In the picture below, the measuring is taking place. As you can see, the plants have been potted higher than normally, in order for the machine to have a better access to the leaves. Like many researchers today, David is also using the model plant, Arabidopsis thaliana, in his experiments. Arabidopsis thaliana plants of different developmental stages are growing under the Valoya AP67 grow light spectrum.
This study is being conducted in the University of Helsinki, Department of Biosciences. David Israel is part of the Canopy spectral ecology and Ecophysiology group, led by Matthew Robson.
For more information:
Valoya Oy, Finland
Tel: +358 10 2350300
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-12-06 Geographic advantage for homegrown-frisée
- 2023-12-06 "Late planting of winter strawberry plants meant that earlier volumes were lower"
- 2023-12-06 Vertically-grown cherry tomato introduced
- 2023-12-04 Malaysian vanilla farm expects first harvest this year
- 2023-12-04 50 fewer Dutch greenhouse vegetable growers by 2023
- 2023-11-30 Flanders makes a case for local Belgian ginger
- 2023-11-30 Multi-parameter soil sensor selected for integration into Aranet
- 2023-11-30 CAN (BC): Long Creek School will help NFJDWC grow native plants for restoration
- 2023-11-29 New partnership to explore weed species cultivation indoors
- 2023-11-29 “There is still a high demand for additional square meters for cultivation"
- 2023-11-29 Smooth transition for greens to Yuma in 2023
- 2023-11-28 "Delayed bell pepper plantings this season could lead to less watermelon being planted in spring"
- 2023-11-28 Tomato yields decrease in Morocco as the weather gets colder
- 2023-11-28 Fresh Select overcomes challenges to lead innovation in salad and leafy greens industry
- 2023-11-28 First expansion of allotment greenhouse Houten
- 2023-11-27 "Challenging weather conditions for lamb's lettuce sowing"