- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
- International Fruit Trader
Valagro presents the 2013-2016 Sustainability Report
In this sixth edition of the Social and Environmental Report, Valagro decided to focus on the online world. This will entail the launch of a dedicated website www.valagro4green.com taking advantage of the full potential of digital communications – such as animations and infographics – to illustrate Valagro's main 2013-2016 data in the areas of business growth, HR development, innovative R&D investments, attention to customers, and value production and distribution.
Alongside the innovative website, Valagro's Social and Environmental Report is also optimising paper use through a summary leaflet, highlighting some of the main results presented in the Report. This decision affirms the company's dedication to greater sustainability, including through communication strategies to share its social and environmental impact with all stakeholders and the wider community.
Marco Rosso, Valagro Global Corporate Affairs Director: "The publication of this Sustainability Report is an eagerly awaited event: this tool allows us to build precious relationships with employees, customers, partners and scientific institutions around the world - relationships marked by transparency and accountability. It also allows us to promote our positive results, reflecting our continued commitment to sustainability: for example, we have participated in the Carbon Footprint assessment programme endorsed and co-funded by the Italian Ministry of the Environment and Protection of Land and Sea, and obtained certification for four Valagro products, with the goal of understanding how to limit our CO2 emissions. Furthermore, in the face of rising production and the consequent increase of waste emissions, we are increasing our commitment to waste collection and recycling, now covering 76% of the total waste produced. On the other hand, "- adds Marco Rosso - "the preparation of reports allows us to identify possible areas of action, in a continuous search to improve all areas of our business activity. Our business must continue to be a driving force for sustainability, guiding us, our clients, and our partners, in the shared commitment to provide innovative solutions for more sustainable agriculture."
To further this commitment to sustainability, Valagro chose to publish its Social and Environmental Report in the week devoted by the FAO to the global debate on the relationship between food, agriculture and climate change, theme of the World Food Day celebrations. The steady increase in world population, and the current level of pollution, call for a change of perspective, in which agricultural systems will have to become stronger, more productive and far more sustainable.
Aware of its responsibilities as a global market player, Valagro Group annually invests 4% of its total revenue (in 2015, 107.7 million euros) in research and development, making use of international collaborations with leading scientific institutions and universities to develop innovative and effective solutions and processes for the nutrition and care of plants, able to meet its clients' needs for higher yields and better quality, while increasing efficiency and reducing the environmental impact.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-12-04 GreenV invests in Mexican market with GreenV Mexico
- 2023-12-04 "We must decide if we want an 'outsourcing' model in Morocco or to maintain a productive self-sufficiency"
- 2023-12-01 Trustee surprised by how many people work at Infarm's bankrupt Dutch branch
- 2023-12-01 Kurt Dramm inducted into The Green Industry Hall of Fame
- 2023-12-01 Jordan Minister checks on hydroponic project in Mujib district
- 2023-11-30 Earl Reinink retires from Westbrook Systems
- 2023-11-30 For Rent: Property located in the transport zone Meer in Belgium
- 2023-11-30 British Berry Growers launches campaign and policy board to ensure a sustainable future
- 2023-11-30 Produce are rotting at Johannesburg Fresh Market due to lack of electricity
- 2023-11-30 "CE-Line makes the autonomous measuring of water quality in closed systems possible"
- 2023-11-30 Andrew McIlwan elected Deputy Chair of Protected Cropping Australia
- 2023-11-30 Sara Wexler new CEO of Fresh Leaf
- 2023-11-29 Germany: Joint scaling of harvesting robots
- 2023-11-29 Rosselkhoznadzor limits supplies of seed and planting material from the Netherlands
- 2023-11-29 "Sayuri", the only greenhouse complex in the world located in the permafrost region
- 2023-11-29 “This year we want to reach the English market with our organic products”