- Head Grower Greenhouse Canada
- Post Entry Quarantine Facility Manager
- Economic Policy Officer Agri-Tech Kentucky
- Licensing Manager North America
- Junior Sales Executive
- Fruit Breeder/Trait Discovery Scientist
- General Manager
- Regional Sales Manager – DACH Region
- Country Manager – Italy
- Country Manager – Spain
Top 5 -yesterday
- Fresh produce chain hit by Lakeside Produce’s bankruptcy
- "Affordable organic foods can be produced from commercial aquaponic greenhouse farms"
- Can cucumbers save a cannabis company?
- "Adhesive tape offers a solution to a common problem in the industry"
- UK cucumber growers won't plant until late February or March
Top 5 -last week
- “Black growbags could benefit vegetable crops as well”
- Latvia: First greenhouse to grow cucumbers under LEDs uses landfill waste to produce energy
- "Moisture is the big danger in the next two months"
- US (OH): 80 Acres Farms makes layoffs as tech job crunch continues
- Is ozone effective against ToBRFV?
Top 5 -last month
- How farmers are cutting out supermarkets
- Higher light transmission and lower heat demand with double foil greenhouse
- 30MHz declared bankrupt, curator 'optimistic about restart'
- Combining vertical farming and greenhouse horticulture to decentralize lettuce production
- COFRA Holding and Mastronardi acquire AppHarvest's Berea greenhouse
US (NM): Lynn Stockwell to begin redevelopment of Sunnyland Farms
Taxes had accrued while the facility was closed for more than ten years after a fire destroyed much of Sunnyland Farms in 2003, forcing the company into Chapter 11 reorganization. $220,000 is the first of two annual payments, totaling $440,000, agreed to in a settlement between Lynn Stockwell and the County of Cibola. It brings substantial revenue to the County and enables Stockwell to begin redevelopment of the 100,000 square meter greenhouse facility, which will create new jobs for local residents.
“The climate here is outstanding for greenhouse operations and this facility has great potential,” said Stockwell. “The upgraded greenhouse will bring good paying jobs to Grants, and I’d like to begin operations as soon as possible.”
In addition to construction jobs created during renovation, the greenhouse facility will employ 30 to 40 people when it first opens, and up to 100 long-term. Now that the taxes have been paid, Stockwell can focus on finalizing plans for renovation and operation of the facility.
“We foresee that the best use of the greenhouse will be to produce seedlings for medicinal plants,” said Stockwell, who is majority shareholder of the Bright Green Group of Companies that specialize in medicinal plants. “The medicinal plant market is fast-growing and has tremendous potential to boost the local economy.”
Stockwell is considering allocating about $10 million in new capital for the development of a medicinal seeding operation at the Grants facility. This would require licensing from the State of New Mexico as well as cooperation from both Cibola County and Grants prior to any new investment in the facility.
“We have a shared goal with the city, county and state to bring more business to the region,” said Stockwell. “I’m looking forward to working with government leaders at each level to achieve this goal that will benefit everyone.”
For more information:
Bright Green Group
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-01-24 From private banker to strawberry grower
- 2023-01-24 Support for vegetable growers has been expanded in the Krasnoyarsk territory
- 2023-01-23 Turkey: 550 tons tomatoes produced in the geothermal greenhouse
- 2023-01-20 Greenhouse tomato production area in Kahramanmaras, Türkiye reaches 100 hectares
- 2023-01-19 CAN (ON): How Lakeshore residents can have their say on draft greenhouse rules
- 2023-01-17 India: Greenhouse start-up receives award and is eager to expand
- 2023-01-16 Carbon dioxide plant troubles might lead to higher price of tomatoes and other produce
- 2023-01-16 NFU calls for energy support review for UK businesses
- 2023-01-13 Indonesia: Smart Green House expected to boost production, draw millennials
- 2023-01-13 French fruit grower installs photovoltaic greenhouse
- 2023-01-12 Irish tomato growers hope for less challenges in the year ahead
- 2023-01-11 Greenhouse vegetable harvest in Russia reaches record 1.5 million tons in 2022
- 2023-01-11 “We will be the only grower of organic greenhouse strawberries in North America”
- 2023-01-11 India: Governor Sinha inaugurates Mega Fruit Plant Nursery
- 2023-01-10 Sculptural greenhouse opens up into a crown
- 2023-01-09 Higher light transmission and lower heat demand with double foil greenhouse
- 2022-12-23 An update on greenhouse expansion in the US
- 2022-12-20 CAN: Installation of greenhouse sparks debate
- 2022-12-20 Harvest arrives in Bahrain after World Cup
- 2022-12-15 US (CO): Pagosa Senior Center joins with Geothermal Greenhouse Partnership to enhance nutrition services