- Head Grower Greenhouse Canada
- Post Entry Quarantine Facility Manager
- Economic Policy Officer Agri-Tech Kentucky
- Licensing Manager North America
- Junior Sales Executive
- Fruit Breeder/Trait Discovery Scientist
- General Manager
- Regional Sales Manager – DACH Region
- Country Manager – Italy
- Country Manager – Spain
Top 5 -yesterday
- Fresh produce chain hit by Lakeside Produce’s bankruptcy
- "Affordable organic foods can be produced from commercial aquaponic greenhouse farms"
- Can cucumbers save a cannabis company?
- "Adhesive tape offers a solution to a common problem in the industry"
- UK cucumber growers won't plant until late February or March
Top 5 -last week
- “Black growbags could benefit vegetable crops as well”
- Latvia: First greenhouse to grow cucumbers under LEDs uses landfill waste to produce energy
- "Moisture is the big danger in the next two months"
- US (OH): 80 Acres Farms makes layoffs as tech job crunch continues
- Is ozone effective against ToBRFV?
Top 5 -last month
- How farmers are cutting out supermarkets
- Higher light transmission and lower heat demand with double foil greenhouse
- 30MHz declared bankrupt, curator 'optimistic about restart'
- Combining vertical farming and greenhouse horticulture to decentralize lettuce production
- COFRA Holding and Mastronardi acquire AppHarvest's Berea greenhouse
BVT adds former Syngenta executive to European operations
During his 29-year career as a Senior Manager with Syngenta, which ran from 1987 to 2016, Mr. Lehnen held positions within technical research and development, business management, marketing, sales, and product launch strategy development and execution. He has run global operations in European, Middle Eastern and African markets, within Agriculture, Agribusiness, Biologicals, Flowers, Seed Care and Crop Protection.
“Europeans are actively looking for ways to reduce pesticides within their food supply.” Mr. Lehnen stated. “In my view, BVT has developed a highly-unique and comprehensive solution which will be extremely attractive to European growers. I am very excited and enthusiastic to join what is an impressive and growing team of industry professionals at BVT and play my part in successfully launching their systems across Europe and associated countries.”
“The European market opportunity for revenue is three times that of North America and therefore, the successful development of this market requires a broad range of skills to properly execute.” stated Ashish Malik, BVT CEO. “In our business, initial launch processes in a country go a long way in determining future success. The addition of a seasoned executive such as Christoph with his rich industry experience and targeted skill set puts us in a very strong position to capitalize on the vast European market potential. We expect that his 22 years with Syngenta, strong industry connections and rich experience in crop protection and country management will enable BVT to gain strong traction within the European market quickly. Christoph’s decision to join BVT is another great endorsement of how our system is viewed by notable industry figures and represents another significant step in our objective to build a world class team within our growing company.”
“We have an immensely strong team of seasoned industry experts and continue to assemble a powerful management team. Together we are mapping what we see as a strong and strategic course towards success for the company and ensuring internal execution is driven towards those goals.” said Ashish Malik, CEO “I am extremely pleased with our progress to date.”
The company also announces that Mr. Todd Mason has stepped down from his position as VP of Research and Protocol. He will continue to contribute to BVT on a consulting basis.
For more information:
Bee Vectoring Technologies International Inc.
President & CEO
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-01-26 Bakker Belgium introduces first e-truck in Belgium
- 2023-01-26 Dutch greenhouses make place for houses
- 2023-01-26 Eureka Sunrise wins superior taste award for BerryWorld
- 2023-01-26 Paper bag for naturally moist soil
- 2023-01-26 Japanese plant-based ingredients startup gets investments
- 2023-01-26 New Finnish website launched to link global fresh produce buyers
- 2023-01-26 Church collaborates with Muslim Aid to build 2,720 greenhouses in Bosnia
- 2023-01-26 Kevin van Berlo to Mexico for BVB and love
- 2023-01-26 70 years of Ridder: "In fact, we still apply the same vision as my grandfather"
- 2023-01-26 Fresh produce chain hit by Lakeside Produce’s bankruptcy
- 2023-01-26 CAN (AB): Solar-powered greenhouse project introduced
- 2023-01-26 Koppert acquires Scandinavian company Lindesro
- 2023-01-26 Mivena showcases new tech at IPM, appoints new international sales manager
- 2023-01-25 Authorities uncover a 2.5 million euro Social Security fraud in Almeria's greenhouse construction sector
- 2023-01-25 World Horti Center opened in South Korea
- 2023-01-25 AU: “Best practice hygiene protocols as well as pest and disease mitigation are at the forefront of our facility design”
- 2023-01-25 Partnership to expand TAPKIT's market presence
- 2023-01-25 Yvan Hamel joins Sollum as Chief Product Officer
- 2023-01-25 Vijay Rapaka promoted to Global grower operations and research
- 2023-01-25 Jim Collins joins Vestaron Board of Directors