- Head Grower Greenhouse Canada
- Post Entry Quarantine Facility Manager
- Economic Policy Officer Agri-Tech Kentucky
- Licensing Manager North America
- Junior Sales Executive
- Fruit Breeder/Trait Discovery Scientist
- General Manager
- Regional Sales Manager – DACH Region
- Country Manager – Italy
- Country Manager – Spain
Top 5 -yesterday
- Fresh produce chain hit by Lakeside Produce’s bankruptcy
- "Affordable organic foods can be produced from commercial aquaponic greenhouse farms"
- Can cucumbers save a cannabis company?
- "Adhesive tape offers a solution to a common problem in the industry"
- UK cucumber growers won't plant until late February or March
Top 5 -last week
- “Black growbags could benefit vegetable crops as well”
- Latvia: First greenhouse to grow cucumbers under LEDs uses landfill waste to produce energy
- "Moisture is the big danger in the next two months"
- US (OH): 80 Acres Farms makes layoffs as tech job crunch continues
- Is ozone effective against ToBRFV?
Top 5 -last month
- How farmers are cutting out supermarkets
- Higher light transmission and lower heat demand with double foil greenhouse
- 30MHz declared bankrupt, curator 'optimistic about restart'
- Combining vertical farming and greenhouse horticulture to decentralize lettuce production
- COFRA Holding and Mastronardi acquire AppHarvest's Berea greenhouse
Australian vegetables on show at Asia's leading fresh produce trade show
The delegation will be united with leading growers from the wider horticulture industry under the Australia Fresh pavilion, coordinated by Horticulture Innovation Australia. This pavilion will showcase high quality Australian-grown fruit, vegetable and nut produce that is in increasing demand in the region.
“This year’s delegation of Australian horticulture growers will be the largest in the history of Asia Fruit Logistica,” said AUSVEG National Manager – Export Development Michael Coote.
“Vegetable exports to Hong Kong have increased to over AUD$13 million in 2015-16, up from AUD$8 million in the previous financial year. We are confident that participants will be able to build on this and continue strengthening business relationships in Hong Kong and other Asian markets.”
“The Australia Fresh pavilion will be one of the highlights at the trade show, showcasing a wide variety of fresh Australian produce including broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, onions, potatoes and pumpkins from leading growers around the country.”
“The Australian vegetable component of the pavilion will also feature cooking demonstrations from Australian chef Tim Hollands, who will be tasked with preparing dishes that demonstrate the high quality and great taste of Australian vegetables to foreign buyers.”
In addition to the trade show, participants will also visit a range of local retailers, importers and wholesalers to gain a deeper understanding of the Hong Kong market.
“Previous trade shows in the region have resulted in strong interest for Australian vegetables from buyers in Asia and the Middle East who look for quality and safety in fresh produce,” said Mr Coote.
“It is important for the Australian vegetable industry to continue to network with the region’s biggest buyers to establish itself as a leading food exporter and to enhance its reputation as a producer and exporter of premium quality vegetables.”
Vegetable industry export development activities are funded through Horticulture Innovation Australia using vegetable levy funds and funds from the Australian Government.
For more information:
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-01-25 US (CA): CDFA offers mental health resources web page for farmers and farmworkers
- 2023-01-25 Sneak peek: what's happening at IPM Essen?
- 2023-01-24 Spain: Addressing new market demands at the Winter Open Field Days 2023 in Cartagena
- 2023-01-24 Positive vibes on the first day of IPM '23
- 2023-01-23 International business meetings with buyers of large-scale retailers – Bergamo, Italy
- 2023-01-23 NL: Postharvest Unlimited Conference & Postharvest Ornamentals Symposium to take place simultaneously
- 2023-01-23 Photo report: Sival 2023
- 2023-01-20 Sival comes to an end
- 2023-01-18 Rijk Zwaan’s Winter Leafy Hydroponics Demo is coming up
- 2023-01-17 Registrations open for North American Strawberry Symposium
- 2023-01-16 All things about multispectral imaging
- 2023-01-16 "Year-round strawberry cultivation: challenging, but not impossible"
- 2023-01-13 6th edition of AquaFarm announced
- 2023-01-13 ‘What can I do to make the growing regime a little bit better?’
- 2023-01-13 USDA accepting applications for Netherlands agribusiness trade mission
- 2023-01-10 New report on findings from propagation tray trial to launch at Landscape Ontario Congress
- 2023-01-10 Upcoming Webinar: “Squeaky Clean Start to 2023”
- 2023-01-06 US: 2023 Farm Bill program & crop insurance decisions – What fits your farm?
- 2023-01-04 IDH supports companies to close the living wage gap with Living Wage Action Guide
- 2023-01-04 Fruit Logistica 2023: One industry, one place, all in one