- Customer Support Executive
- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
Dubai growers to build 2 hectare hydroponic farm in Portugal
The hydroponic development group from the Middle East has received approval for the construction of their hydroponic farms at the PEPA Business Park in Proenca-a-Nova, a municipality in the district of Castelo Branco in Central Portugal.
The Pegasus system
The first structure at the 2 hectare plot is slated to be completed by May 2017. In total, Pegasus will invest about 2.5 million euros in each hectare of production and will create 12-15 new jobs in the first phase. The group plans to expand the project to a total of three phases over the next couple of years.
Pegasus announced that the vast majority of the subsequently farmed produce is to be destined for export.
Pegasus Agriculture is one of the larger developers of hydroponic projects in the Middle East and North Africa. With their partners Gardinia Hydroponic Farming, Pegasus Agriculture currently grows hydroponic greens in Oman and another project in the U.A.E. is ready for development. Besides Florida and Portugal, the group also has plans for investments in Malaysia, Singapore, Kuwait, Turkey and Qatar.
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-12-06 Spain: Rosa de Barbastro tomato production one million less than expected
- 2023-12-05 Italian grower plans to expand tunnel cultivation
- 2023-12-05 "Imbalance in berry chain squeezes both ends: the grower, and the consumer"
- 2023-12-05 Cucumber grower opts for LEDs to reduce energy consumption and up production
- 2023-12-04 "In Almeria we have lacked water for 60 years; for us, it is not a new issue"
- 2023-12-04 South Africa: Gesture helps Soweto residents to put healthy food on the table and boost a local economy
- 2023-12-04 US (MA): Jail supervisor jumps at chance of running aquaponics greenhouse
- 2023-12-01 Bringing affordable specialty mushrooms to tables across Germany
- 2023-12-01 Former Isle of Wight tomato business land could be turned into houses
- 2023-12-01 "We all need to quickly switch to tropical fruit production in greenhouses"
- 2023-11-30 From eggplants to bullseyes: Dirk is the 'Aubergenius'
- 2023-11-29 Goulburn Valley grower abandons crop blaming high mark-ups at supermarkets
- 2023-11-28 Singapore: S$38 strawberry harvesting experience at hydroponics farm near Buona Vista
- 2023-11-27 Malaysia: Cultivating sustainable ways to feed the country
- 2023-11-27 "It's crucial to promote urban farming to boost healthy eating habits in cities"
- 2023-11-27 Ecuador’s blueberry industry is the 'new kid on the block' with 52 weeks supply advantage