- VP Growing Operations
- Head Grower Strawberries, Australia
- Growing Manager for Hydroponic strawberry producer
- Farm Manager Costa Rica
- Regional Sales Manager Fresh Produce
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Export Trade Manager
- Business Developer - Northern Europe
- Orchard Sector Manager
Israel: New laboratory brings innovative R&D for seed coating
“Centor Group invests a great part of its resources in developing new and innovative products and as part of this strategy, I am proud to announce we have opened a new laboratory facility in Carrum Downs, Australia, that will meet the rising demand for seed coatings by developing new materials especially with the imperative for dust control on treated seeds that will give us a safer working environment,” adds Jonathan.
The development of a good seed coating polymer is no happy accident. A lot is expected from this seemingly basic product, consider just some of the common requests: bright strong colour, even coverage, compatibility with other products on the seed, no dust, good flowability of coated seed, good germination, and release when required.
The Centor Group focuses on producing quality polymer seed coatings that deliver all the desirable benefits. To this end a new laboratory was built dedicated for this purpose. Within the lab are germination testing facilities, formulation equipment and top-end analytical apparatus. From here the next generation of seed coating polymers are being developed, and will continue to be released to market as the needs of the seed treatment market continually evolve.
All new polymers under development go through rigorous testing and quality checks to ensure that they meet strict standards. Especially in the case of dust the company’s aim is not just to meet the required standard but to exceed the expectation.
There are two ranges of seed polymer coatings available from the Centor Group, the premium high end products have the Seedworx branding, and to assist those facing the economic pressures in agriculture there is the Ezicote brand, which has similar functionality, but without the dramatic visual impact of most Seedworx polymers.
One of the most recent additions to the range is Seedworx Flare 3 which is a polymer that has one of the best dust-off profiles in the market today. And while the products are referred to as polymers, they are much more than this, they are special formulations of binders, surfactants, rheology modifiers, and other additives which have been combined for the specific use in coating of seeds.
The use of biological products as part of the portfolio for seed treatment application is a part of the market that continues to steadily grow. These biological control agents need a friendly compound to keep them vital on the seeds. This happens to be a particular strength in Centor Oceania’s Seedworx polymer collection. Specifically Seedworx Bio-Friendly 1 which has properties that allow it to be used very successfully with beneficial biologicals that can be applied to seed, it has been used successfully for many years with rhizobia, a legume inoculant, but also shows promise with PSB (phosphate solubilising bacteria) and other biological products. The research team at Centor are continuing to develop this specialist area as it evolves, and part of the new laboratory is centred on microbiology and the enumeration of colonies.
For more information:
Shai Vision Ltd
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-10-03 “The campaign is ending in the Netherlands, which is offering lower prices that are affecting those of Almeria cucumbers”
- 2023-10-03 After-summer drinks at Ridder
- 2023-10-03 "We are ready to expand into major international produce markets"
- 2023-10-03 Growtec opens North American office
- 2023-10-02 Samskip and Boluda Lines join forces to launch new Spain-Ireland-UK Service
- 2023-10-02 UK: House of Lords Horticultural Sector Committee visits Kent-based vertical farm
- 2023-10-02 New greenhouse covers promise to save water, energy, and improve profitability
- 2023-10-02 CAN (ON): The party is on at the inauguration of Van der Ende's new office in Kingsville
- 2023-10-02 Gentle handling and weighing of vine tomatoes and grapes
- 2023-09-29 "For growers and retailers, we're an open book"
- 2023-09-29 US (KY): "This farm was sold out as soon as it opened"
- 2023-09-29 BioSafe Systems mourns the loss of Michael Larose
- 2023-09-29 Lebanon needs greenhouses for food safety and security too
- 2023-09-29 Eurofins Food Assurance acquires ARS Probata
- 2023-09-29 Said El Ouakili to join Kubo
- 2023-09-29 “We empower growers to excel in cost-effective cultivation, ensuring long-term success"