- Senior Grower UK
- Customer Support Executive
- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
Italy: TGU roll up side walls installed at slope greenhouse structure
The Tower Roller System from TGU GmbH & Co. KG is on the market for many years now. The Tower Roller Systems are used as side and partition walls in greenhouses. It has been used for many purposes, such as shading, cooling, black-out, side ventilation or partitioning usually.
The single rolled Tower Roller can open and close up to 200 m of side walls with a motion range of 5 meters, while having an extremely high endurance. In Italy the Tower Roller System was installed for serving greenhouses built on a sloping position, typical for raspberries and blackberries for example.
Ornamental and vegetable growers as well are using roll up screens. According to TGU, the investment costs for a tower roller systems are approximately the same as a tube motor powered roll up screen system for larger projects,but the tower roller system will "cost less in the long run due to less repairs and an extremely longer endurance."
TGU affirms that the installation is a lot quicker and less complicated. "The Tower Roller system is more cost effective particularly for large construction because less installation material and time is needed and the gear motor has a greater life expectancy than tube motors."
TGU’s Tower Roller System is used in Romania, Croatia, Slovenia, Germany, Russia, the USA and Italy. It can basically be installed in all facilities with side walls, which have to be fully opened for maximum ventilation or very large partition walls are needed. The Tower Roller can be built into most existing and new greenhouses. It is not freestanding, therefore it needs to be attached to the building on the top and fastened to the ground.
For more information:
TGU GmbH & Co. KG
T: +49 (0) 25 75 955 870
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-12-06 Urban agriculture can promote sustainability and community well-being
- 2023-12-06 Climate Incidents feature to combat powdery mildew
- 2023-12-06 New machine automates weighing and banding
- 2023-12-06 US (MA): Local Farmers tackle nutritional deficiency in their crops due to climate change
- 2023-12-06 Michigan State University horticultural lighting workshop
- 2023-12-05 "Hermetic screens offer more energy saving"
- 2023-12-05 Hydrogen-oxygen technology proves to be highly scalable for greenhouse horticulture
- 2023-12-05 "Thanks to a new development, we can produce almost 100 clip nets per minute"
- 2023-12-04 AI-based inventory management software that “maximizes margins and minimizes losses”
- 2023-12-01 AI helps predict strawberry harvest
- 2023-11-30 AI in horticulture theme for 'Future Trends & Innovations'
- 2023-11-29 How AI could power the climate breakthrough the world needs
- 2023-11-29 Bluelab unveils controller upgrade
- 2023-11-29 Plug & Play ready-to-use vertical farm solution with air distribution
- 2023-11-29 "The auction model is one that truly works in Almeria"
- 2023-11-28 Canada: Vertical integration allows to have a farm set up on-site within 3-6 weeks