- Senior Agronomist/Horticulturist and Agronomy/Horticulture Manager
- Growers & Assistant Growers
- Plant Biologist
- Ripening Officer Bananas / Exotics
- Grower and Nurser
- Farm Manager
- Floriculture Production Planning Manager
- Agricultural Mechanic / Crop Sprayer Operator
- Technical Services Manager
- Quality Controller
Top 5 -yesterday
- Yuksel Seeds expands its presence in China
- Berry farm cluster model from Panama to the globe
- Cloth washer thoroughly cleans shredded cloth during crop changes
- In eight years, Ranjit Singh has become one of New Zealand’s largest telegraph cucumber growers
- Organic grower and shipper celebrates 10 Years of Fair Trade certification
Top 5 -last week
- Top tips for growing lettuce in a greenhouse
- UK: Grower reduces greenhouse temperature by more than 6°C during heatwave with no cooling, fog systems
- New packaging for hydroponic fertilizer launched
- Taking the wisdom from indoor farming and bringing it into greenhouses
- "Kawaguchi tomato variety good option for consumer, but also good for the grower"
Top 5 -last month
Italy: TGU roll up side walls installed at slope greenhouse structure
The Tower Roller System from TGU GmbH & Co. KG is on the market for many years now. The Tower Roller Systems are used as side and partition walls in greenhouses. It has been used for many purposes, such as shading, cooling, black-out, side ventilation or partitioning usually.
The single rolled Tower Roller can open and close up to 200 m of side walls with a motion range of 5 meters, while having an extremely high endurance. In Italy the Tower Roller System was installed for serving greenhouses built on a sloping position, typical for raspberries and blackberries for example.
Ornamental and vegetable growers as well are using roll up screens. According to TGU, the investment costs for a tower roller systems are approximately the same as a tube motor powered roll up screen system for larger projects,but the tower roller system will "cost less in the long run due to less repairs and an extremely longer endurance."
TGU affirms that the installation is a lot quicker and less complicated. "The Tower Roller system is more cost effective particularly for large construction because less installation material and time is needed and the gear motor has a greater life expectancy than tube motors."
TGU’s Tower Roller System is used in Romania, Croatia, Slovenia, Germany, Russia, the USA and Italy. It can basically be installed in all facilities with side walls, which have to be fully opened for maximum ventilation or very large partition walls are needed. The Tower Roller can be built into most existing and new greenhouses. It is not freestanding, therefore it needs to be attached to the building on the top and fastened to the ground.
For more information:
TGU GmbH & Co. KG
T: +49 (0) 25 75 955 870
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-08-16 Cloth washer thoroughly cleans shredded cloth during crop changes
- 2022-08-15 "A generational change is going on in Italy's horti sector"
- 2022-08-15 New traceability technology working group launches
- 2022-08-15 Comparison of supplemental LED top- and interlighting for year-round production of cherry tomato
- 2022-08-11 UF researchers find genes responsible for several flavor compounds in strawberries
- 2022-08-10 Taking the wisdom from indoor farming and bringing it into greenhouses
- 2022-08-08 A mission to discover greenhouse robots in Japan
- 2022-08-08 Low-cost smart meter ready for farmers and agricultural partners
- 2022-07-22 "By adding spray booms, our roof washer became a real 2-in-1-machine"
- 2022-07-22 What is the added value of Software-as-a-Service for growers?
- 2022-07-22 "Horto Professional makes vertical farming customizable"
- 2022-07-20 'Easy-to-use growth model' combines weight and light
- 2022-07-19 "North America is a strong growth market for automation solutions"
- 2022-07-15 "I don't believe in automating just to automate"
- 2022-07-13 Greenhouse software tool helps growers calculate light distribution of growing facility
- 2022-07-12 Fluence and HAS University partner to explore dynamic lighting strategies
- 2022-07-11 Monitoring growing conditions and tracking strawberries with IoT apps
- 2022-07-11 “Autonomous Growing is helping us to achieve more”
- 2022-07-11 Trolleys help growers in hot climates deal with labor shortages
- 2022-07-06 Robots - the perfect worker when there are severe staff shortages?