- Customer Support Executive
- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
Palm Grove Nurseries thrives in India's biotechnology sector
The Khoday Group is a family business that was established in 1906. They started with the production of silk and are currently a major business house in India. By anticipating the trends in India, the family business engaged in a wide range of activities, from Beverage distilling, malting, engineering, construction, reality development, and biotechnology.
The latter activity, biotechnology, is carried out by Palm Grove Nurseries. In 1995, this division was established directly after recognizing the trend towards biotechnology in India in the 90's. Nowadays, it produces ornamental horticulture crops & other tree species. The company has four facilities, namely: research and development laboratory, commercial production laboratory, greenhouse and nursery.
The commercial production laboratory covers an area of 3600 sq. m and the R&D facility is 1200 sq. m.
The laboratories are equipped with the high end technology. This enables the company's R&D facility to produce two to three new products per year. The commercial production laboratory is one of the largest labs in Asia and is completely computerized to control production and plant quality. The 100 Laminar air floor benches with a double seat facility enable the lab to produce 30,000 plants per day. These tissue culture plants are produced for export markets like Europe, USA, Asia Pacific, Latin American Countries and Africa.
The company owns two greenhouses, established on one acre. One is utilised for acclimatizing tissue culture plants and the other one is utilised for growing plants. These greenhouses are also equipped with high end technology. Therefore wide varieties of ornamental foliage plants can be grown in this greenhouse. These varieties can be exported or can be sold through their own one acre sized nursery. This nursery is also established at the same location and sells finished products. Basically, the nursery has all the basic infrastructure in place under one vertical setup.
For more information
Palm Grove Nurseries
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-12-04 US: Science and technology to facilitate communication with plants
- 2023-12-01 US (NY): Innovation Lab for Crop Improvement workshop welcomes global plant breeders and social scientists
- 2023-11-22 Crop Trust and Plant Treaty pledging more than $100,000 to safeguard genebanks in Laos and Sudan
- 2023-11-22 Cora Seeds releases ToBRFV-resistant tomatoes
- 2023-11-22 Genetic insights into plant defense and growth trade-offs
- 2023-11-17 USDA proposes changes in approval process of genetically engineered crops
- 2023-11-15 Plant breeders and researchers collaborate for the next generation of legumes to reduce the protein gap in Europe
- 2023-11-13 AU: Breeder secures land to further breeding operations
- 2023-11-09 Turnover of Rijk Zwaan up to 593 million euros
- 2023-11-07 "We believe that such stacked resistance will stand up to new ToBRFV-mutations"
- 2023-11-06 Breeders welcome the adoption of the new Explanatory Notes on Essentially Derived Varieties by the UPOV Council
- 2023-11-06 US (NY): New plot-labeling program supports plant breeders in Global South
- 2023-11-03 US (WI): Julie Dawson honored for crop breeding work for organic systems
- 2023-11-03 "A box filler with excellent disease resistance"
- 2023-10-31 The evolution of plant variety protection in the era of new breeding techniques
- 2023-10-27 Ghana gene bank becomes the 100th depositor to Svalbard Global Seed Vault