- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Grower | Cannabis
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
- International Fruit Trader
- Sales Manager (Europe Division)
Project for sustainable horticulture in Rwanda
The official kick-off was part of the economic mission to Rwanda, led by Dutch Minister for Foreign Trade and Development Cooperation, Lilianne Ploumen. Both parties think that by combining Dutch technology and expertise with the local know-how of farmers and knowledge of institutes, the project will be a success.
Project partners greenhouse constructor, Bosman Van Zaal, and automation supplier, Hoogendoorn Growth Management, are going to build a pilot greenhouse for the project. The small-scale farm, Rwanda Best, is the project partner in Rwanda.
The focus on small-scale farmers in Rwanda is a unique factor of this project which is coordinated by Greenport Holland International. Other companies involved in this project are Koppert Biological Systems, DLV Plant, Rijkzwaan, and knowledge institutes such as Wageningen University and Reseach Centre, TNO and Bopic (NGO). Koppert is responsible for the set-up of an integrated pest and disease management program on the farm. The project makes horticulture technologies affordable and applicable for innovative farmers in Rwanda.
The representatives of all SMART horticulture partners were present during the kick-off. The project was officially opened by the Owner of Rwanda Best, Jean Ruzibiza and Deputy Director General for International Cooperation at the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs. SMART has projects in South-Africa and Rwanda.
For more information:
Koppert Biological Systems
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-11-27 Maf Roda acquires Caustier
- 2023-11-27 Northern Lights and Yara sign agreement on CO2 transport and storage
- 2023-11-24 Meike van Ginneken joins Netherlands Water Partnership's Advisory Board
- 2023-11-22 USDA PACA updates
- 2023-11-22 Ukraine: Grants of 503.3 thousand euros distributed to develop orchards and greenhouses
- 2023-11-21 Rabo horticulture barometer: business confidence up slightly
- 2023-11-21 Las- & Montagebedrijf FBO and the Voorwinden Group continue together
- 2023-11-20 Supporting Texas veteran with military makeover
- 2023-11-20 US (OR): Griffin to relocate Salem warehouse to Gresham to accelerate retail expansion
- 2023-11-20 BioWorks welcomes Director of Sales and Distributor Relations
- 2023-11-20 Canadian greenhouse grower expands production to California
- 2023-11-20 "Flexibility and stability in transportation"
- 2023-11-17 "Turns out the two companies complement each other 100%"
- 2023-11-17 How AppHarvest's farming scheme imploded, and took its workforce down with it
- 2023-11-17 Andrew Tout elected Chairman of Protected Cropping Australia
- 2023-11-17 "Our pool of interim managers can help solve companies' bottlenecks and peaks"