- Grower and Project Planner Vertical Farming - Aarhus - Denmark
- Financieel Administratief medewerk(st)er
- Territory Manager - Brazil/South America
- Senior Product Coordinator Beans
- Sales manager
- Head of Sales
- Medewerker Productmanagement
- Sales Manager - Germany
- Associate Director International Procurement: Produce - Berlin
- International Procurement Manager - Berlin
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
- Whitefly prevention with liquid nutritional plant enhancer
- Derek Hargreaves ‘A Remarkable Man’
- "The number of high-tech greenhouses in Poland has grown significantly in recent years"
- CAN (ON): “We are moving into the strawberry category as a united front"
- "We can produce up to 2.5 times more from the same acreage"
Top 5 -last month
- "The container is essential to determine the quality of the plant"
- Finland: 11.000m2 hybrid vertical farm constructed near Helsinki
- Here are last year's best read articles: vertical farming, strawberries and sustainable initiatives
- “I have to throw away my crops because of energy prices”
- "In a decade, only a handful of greenhouse companies will survive"
Project for sustainable horticulture in Rwanda
The official kick-off was part of the economic mission to Rwanda, led by Dutch Minister for Foreign Trade and Development Cooperation, Lilianne Ploumen. Both parties think that by combining Dutch technology and expertise with the local know-how of farmers and knowledge of institutes, the project will be a success.
Project partners greenhouse constructor, Bosman Van Zaal, and automation supplier, Hoogendoorn Growth Management, are going to build a pilot greenhouse for the project. The small-scale farm, Rwanda Best, is the project partner in Rwanda.
The focus on small-scale farmers in Rwanda is a unique factor of this project which is coordinated by Greenport Holland International. Other companies involved in this project are Koppert Biological Systems, DLV Plant, Rijkzwaan, and knowledge institutes such as Wageningen University and Reseach Centre, TNO and Bopic (NGO). Koppert is responsible for the set-up of an integrated pest and disease management program on the farm. The project makes horticulture technologies affordable and applicable for innovative farmers in Rwanda.
The representatives of all SMART horticulture partners were present during the kick-off. The project was officially opened by the Owner of Rwanda Best, Jean Ruzibiza and Deputy Director General for International Cooperation at the Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs. SMART has projects in South-Africa and Rwanda.
For more information:
Koppert Biological Systems
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-01-24 Production of Dutch company's new site's screen cloth begins
- 2022-01-24 Dutch horticulture protests to draw attention to energy crisis
- 2022-01-21 Business trends in China's agri-horticultural sector in the coming years
- 2022-01-21 US (NC): Allison Ballantyne appointed new assistant manager with environmental horticulture program
- 2022-01-21 Snow load damages greenhouse roof in Louis Creek Industrial Park
- 2022-01-21 Rise in differing cargo theft types driven by conditions at congested US ports
- 2022-01-21 "Lead times for material procurement have become significantly longer"
- 2022-01-21 Gruppo Libretti converts 20 hectares to organic cultivation techniques
- 2022-01-20 Fruit and vegetable shortages to worsen as trucker shortages increase
- 2022-01-20 Sakata Seed America welcomes senior biotechnology manager
- 2022-01-20 Bruno Cheval appointed as new CEO of CleanGreens
- 2022-01-20 US (AZ): Agtech to take part in $25 million high-tech farming project
- 2022-01-20 "We are attracting a lot of interest from abroad"
- 2022-01-20 Eco-kultura to invest 200 million in greenhouses in Voronezh region
- 2022-01-19 CEA Advisors teams up with Parus-Europe for crop specific Strawberry Growtainers
- 2022-01-19 CAN (ON): “We are moving into the strawberry category as a united front"
- 2022-01-19 Machine rental option provides greater flexibility
- 2022-01-19 France: Joint R&D project to develop innovative beauty products
- 2022-01-19 Dutch online supermarket now offers vertically farmed greens
- 2022-01-19 "The demand for blackberries and in particular organic berries is certainly growing"