- Senior Grower UK
- Customer Support Executive
- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
Danish nursery controls Pseudomonas with copper based electrolysis system
The nursery is one of the first users of Aqua-Hort. Already in 2001 was the first unit installed. At the time was the major crop pot Gerbera. Aqua-Hort controlled the Phytopthora fungus which hampers this crop badly in the summer. For the last ten years has the production been concentrated on orchids. One and two stem plants are sold widely, with many plants going to Eastern Europe. The medium used is a mixture of bark and other organic media.
Aqua Hort Fertilizers unit are used by growers worldwide, amongst them there are growers of trees, flowers, plants, fruit, vegetables and leafy greens and herbs. Thanks to the innovative concept by treating water with electrolysis in order to fight bacteria and fungus that can damage plants. The electromagnetic force exerted on treated water literally pulls bacteria apart, causing them to die. The electrolysis system based on the use of copper is an effective way to treat water against fungus and bacteria, but it also helps to establish a healthy root and plant development.
John Christensen is indeed pleased with the outcome of the Aqua-Hort installation. It helped tremendously in the production of the Gerberas. For the orchids it is an indispensable tool. John mentions the control of the black bacterial spots (Pseudomonas) as a key point. The machine keeps this menace away.
Gartneriet Ellelund emply several fertilizer mixers. For this reason is the Aqua-Hort treatment done up-front with electrodes mounted in a boat (float) in their rain water reservoir. The boat has four electrode pairs, (eight plates) which lasts for many years. The pump suction head is placed right beside the boat.
For more information on Aqua-Hort:
Aksel de Lasson
Tel: +45 702 26 611 |
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-12-06 Urban agriculture can promote sustainability and community well-being
- 2023-12-06 Climate Incidents feature to combat powdery mildew
- 2023-12-06 New machine automates weighing and banding
- 2023-12-06 US (MA): Local Farmers tackle nutritional deficiency in their crops due to climate change
- 2023-12-06 Michigan State University horticultural lighting workshop
- 2023-12-05 "Hermetic screens offer more energy saving"
- 2023-12-05 Hydrogen-oxygen technology proves to be highly scalable for greenhouse horticulture
- 2023-12-05 "Thanks to a new development, we can produce almost 100 clip nets per minute"
- 2023-12-04 AI-based inventory management software that “maximizes margins and minimizes losses”
- 2023-12-01 AI helps predict strawberry harvest
- 2023-11-30 AI in horticulture theme for 'Future Trends & Innovations'
- 2023-11-29 How AI could power the climate breakthrough the world needs
- 2023-11-29 Bluelab unveils controller upgrade
- 2023-11-29 Plug & Play ready-to-use vertical farm solution with air distribution
- 2023-11-29 "The auction model is one that truly works in Almeria"
- 2023-11-28 Canada: Vertical integration allows to have a farm set up on-site within 3-6 weeks