- VP Growing Operations
- Head Grower Strawberries, Australia
- Growing Manager for Hydroponic strawberry producer
- Farm Manager Costa Rica
- Regional Sales Manager Fresh Produce
- Head Grower Strawberries, Norway
- Export Trade Manager
- Business Developer - Northern Europe
- Orchard Sector Manager
Grow-Tech introduces BioStrate:
New biobased textile specifically engineered for hydroponic microgreens
BioStrate Felt is the first in a range of products in development using Grow-Tech’s biopolymer technology platform. “We have been fortunate to be able to utilize our experience in the horticulture sector combined with a close collaboration with innovators in the hydroponics sectors to develop a new substrate that meets the needs of this fast growing market,” explains Edwin Dijkshoorn, Grow-Tech’s CEO. Our technical sales team can work directly with growers to custom cut the product to perfectly fit the grower’s systems.
Grow-Tech’s design emphasizes all the qualities growers requested in a microgreens medium: high performance, promotion of dense healthy roots and shoots, ease of use and clean. Grow-Tech has taken this product development one step further and had BioStrate Felt tested and internationally certified for biobased content and compostability in an industrial setting. BioStrate is a USDA Certified Biobased product and has received certification from Din Certco in Europe for >85% biobased content according to ASTM D6866. According to the Biodegradable Products Institute (BPI) and Din Certco, this product also meets ASTM 6400 and EIN13432 respectively and is intended to be composted in commercial composting facilities.
For more information
T: +1 888-805-8916
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-09-29 "The growing medium contains chunk coir for structure and drainage"
- 2023-09-18 2023 Canadian harvest of horticultural peat moss as of August 31
- 2023-09-14 "Semi-substrate growing ensures rapid and uniform establishment immediately after planting"
- 2023-08-11 “Quality is the start and end point because it allows us to establish a price”
- 2023-08-10 New coco substrate uses the entire husk
- 2023-08-09 “Ideal solution for growers to transition from the soil to pots or substrate slabs”
- 2023-07-13 Growcoon awarded with the OK Compost Home certificate
- 2023-07-12 “Helping growers overcome growing media challenges”
- 2023-07-10 New growing medium solutions presented at Cultivate'23
- 2023-06-29 UK: New investment in peat in fight against climate change
- 2023-06-19 "Our sector is making a big contribution to making society more sustainable"
- 2023-06-08 Stephan Schmidt Group takes over customer base of clay segment from Griendstveen
- 2023-06-07 Hydrogel-based substrate shows promising results
- 2023-06-07 "Gardening world realizes the importance of treading lightly on Mother Earth's soil"
- 2023-05-24 Philippines: Development of coco coir to stop coconut farming waste
- 2023-05-17 Sustainable growing media for CEA