- Customer Support Executive
- Sales Representative Substrates Peru
- Head Grower – High Technology Organic Greenhouse
- Import and Export Sales Manager
- Sales Manager - US
- Key Account Manager (f/m/d) - Full-time
- Vice President of Growing Operations
- Account Manager - Canada
- Account Manager - United States
- Procurement Manager Blueberries
UK: Funds raised at green fingered Barters Farm
The nursery is behind Barters Plant Centre in Chapmanslade, and grows plants for wholesale. However, on 27th September and 4th October the nursery opened its doors to the public, who were given the opportunity to pick their own plants to buy at trade prices. Owner Legh Walker said, “We had a great response to opening the nurseries, and had perhaps 600 people in over the two days. Giving access to the nursery was good because I think people enjoy seeing what goes on behind the scenes. The visitors also made our fundraising a huge success; we raised £375 for Macmillan from sales of coffee and cake on the days. In addition to this, we raised £197 for the charity Perennial by collecting yew clippings to be made into drugs for cancer patients.
“It was really encouraging to see so many people visit and to get involved with the rural community. With so much competition from national companies, businesses like ours have to try and establish themselves in the local community, and we couldn’t do that without our customers. For that I’d like to thank everyone who came. We’re already thinking about doing it again in the spring.”
Barters Farm Nursery grows plants for wholesale all year round, but also hosts practical training for gardening courses run out of Somerset Skills and Learning. This year they grew apples for Wiltshire Wildlife Trust and supported The Living Bar Company.
For more information:
Barters Plant Centre
at High St, Chapmanslade
Westbury. BA13 4AL
T: +44 01373 832294
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-12-06 "60 percent of our production is sold via the Munich wholesale market"
- 2023-12-06 WPK getting acquired by three owners
- 2023-12-06 Construction of new Multivac production factory starts
- 2023-12-06 AdeptAg partners with Hoogendoorn
- 2023-12-06 Syngenta joins the Phytobiomes Alliance
- 2023-12-05 Jong Fruit celebrates 15th anniversary
- 2023-12-05 Glasmij celebrates 100 years of activity
- 2023-12-05 Astanor Ventures welcomes Thomas Nagy as Operational Partner
- 2023-12-05 New partnership to explore cultivation of proteins, novel food, and medicine
- 2023-12-04 "We must decide if we want an 'outsourcing' model in Morocco or to maintain a productive self-sufficiency"
- 2023-12-04 GreenV invests in Mexican market with GreenV Mexico
- 2023-12-01 Kurt Dramm inducted into The Green Industry Hall of Fame
- 2023-12-01 Jordan Minister checks on hydroponic project in Mujib district
- 2023-12-01 Trustee surprised by how many people work at Infarm's bankrupt Dutch branch
- 2023-11-30 Earl Reinink retires from Westbrook Systems
- 2023-11-30 "CE-Line makes the autonomous measuring of water quality in closed systems possible"