- Production Manager
- Assistant Professor - Controlled Environments Entomologist
- Technical Development Specialist | Horticulture | France
- Director of Business Development | Middle East | Agtech
- Farm/Production Manager; Berlin (m/w/d)
- Trader Asian Market
- Avocado Growing Manager - Kenya
- Operations Accountant
- Sales Manager for Nordic countries (H/F)
- Senior Breeder
Top 5 -yesterday
- What is the status of tomato brown rugose fruit virus in Europe?
- “Our ToBRFV-resistant variety has been preferred by our producers in wide areas since 2020"
- 2022 Year Overview: 10 stories on greenhouse expansion
- "Greek producers, who also purchase their plants from Spanish nurseries, have reported the same quality issue in strawberry plants as Spanish producers"
- New horticultural lighting technical requirements launched
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Zambia: "We produce 5,000 units of lettuce per week, per tunnel, year-round"
- UK growers stop planting and put nurseries on sale amidst energy crisis and labor shortage
- "You can't grow on water without lights"
- "High-tech farmer AppHarvest is running out of money"
- German family company switches from tomato cultivation to hydroponic lettuce
Telford & Wrekin Council:
"UK: "SunPatiens is the future for parks bedding"
A combination of Earley Ornamental’s SunPatiens from its Compact, Vigorous and Spreading series has been used in varying colours - Compact Magenta, White, Orange and Coral, plus Spreading Carmine Red and Vigorous Magenta. The SunPatiens Vigorous and Spreading types produce plants up to 90cms across and can be planted at much lower densities than more traditional bedding, which means beds are filled quickly, whilst Compact produces plants up to 60cms across meaning they need to be planted at a slightly higher density.
SunPatiens vigour and ability to perform well under the changeable British weather conditions, even thriving from spring through to the first frosts of autumn, means they stay looking great for longer - a truly robust plant performer.
This colourful display has been created by the Parks & Open Spaces department at Telford & Wrekin Council in one of their parks in the beautiful market town of Ironbridge. Commenting on Earley’s SunPatiens Chris Jones, Team Leader, Parks & Open Spaces at Telford & Wrekin Council said: “I knew when Simon Earley first introduced us to SunPatiens that this plant was the future for parks bedding!
“Our displays are looking better than ever and have covered the ground quickly. One of our aims is to create displays for the general public to enjoy and we’re pleased to say the SunPatiens have not disappointed. Earley supplied a number of signs to say what they are as people were asking about the variety and we’ve had lots of positive comments since. We’re certainly going to be looking at using SunPatiens in Telford Town Park too for next year – they really have been that successful.”
Committed to producing quality young plants for the UK market, Earley Ornamentals is a leading, independent family-run business that is proud to be the selected partner for many of the UK's leading commercial and retail growers.
With an extensive product range of high quality stock designed to meet the needs of today's professional growers, over 180m young plants, made up of 1,700 varieties, are grown each year at Earley’s state-ofthe-art 12-acre site near Thirsk, North Yorkshire.
For more information:
Caroline Reid, CR Marketing
M: +44 07764184421
T: +44 01423 331914
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-12-02 Increased plant health and vitality with 44% lab cost reduction
- 2022-12-02 Israeli company developing USD $15M hydroponic project in Guyana
- 2022-12-02 CEO of Betagro PLC is a Guest of Honour at Thailand - LNV Reception 2022
- 2022-12-02 Sanne Kruikemeier and Ingrid de Zwarte receive Early Career Award
- 2022-12-02 BBL acquires Share Logistics Group
- 2022-12-02 Ab van Marrewijk hands over Tomatoworld greenhouse to Nico Ammerlaan
- 2022-12-02 The Dutch software company ALFA PRO joins Total Specific Solutions
- 2022-12-02 Teachers appointed ‘grow smart, eat smart’ ambassadors in Jamaica
- 2022-12-02 Dutch software company ALFA PRO joins Total Specific Solutions
- 2022-12-01 Tomatoes with a ‘wow’ factor thanks to a finely tuned irrigation strategy
- 2022-12-01 Planet Farms to build 15.000m2 farm plus appoints new CEO and President for Italy
- 2022-12-01 Revol Greens partners with Blue Radix to add autonomous growing to US greenhouses
- 2022-12-01 Biotalys establishes scientific advisory committee
- 2022-12-01 Edible Garden to display expanding product lines at 2022 New York Produce Show
- 2022-12-01 The industry responds to Infarm news
- 2022-12-01 "Spanish products are under pressure"
- 2022-12-01 Tomatoes: large supply in the face of low demand
- 2022-12-01 Labor requirements in indoor agriculture
- 2022-12-01 High demand for Egyptian strawberry plants
- 2022-12-01 Dutch tomato grower expands into strawberry cultivation