- Grower Manager Fresh Produce
- Senior Commercial Manager (Sales and Procurement)
- Packing Supervisor
- Head Grower Greenhouse Canada
- Post Entry Quarantine Facility Manager
- Economic Policy Officer Agri-Tech Kentucky
- Licensing Manager North America
- Junior Sales Executive
- Fruit Breeder/Trait Discovery Scientist
- General Manager
Top 5 -yesterday
Top 5 -last week
Top 5 -last month
- Combining vertical farming and greenhouse horticulture to decentralize lettuce production
- Mexico: Rising Farms boosts capacity fivefold
- Higher light transmission and lower heat demand with double foil greenhouse
- Fresh produce chain hit by Lakeside Produce’s bankruptcy
- Conventional and organic: greenhouse grower does it all
Photo report Canadian Greenhouse Conference '14
Attending the CGC'14 taught us that there is plenty going round in Canada. With vibrant greenhouse production hubs in several regions, the growth spurt of the Canadian greenhouse industry ain't over yet. A lot of construction of new greenhouses is still taking place, with the most development in food productions. Growers are eager to learn more about sustainable and energy efficient production and favour innovative solutions to decrease the environmental impact of their operations. In this respect, the CGC fits right into this demand as a valuable network, knowledge and trading platform.
Before the show took off, a very inspiring pre-conference bus tour was organized on Tuesday October 7. An international group of growers joined the sold-out bus tour to visit an excellent selection of interesting greenhouse operations in the Niagara region.
Also HortiDaily.com was aboard and via the following links you can find several articles about the operations we attended. The tour attended two ornamental production sites, please clikc the links for our reports. ( Boekestyn Greenhouses and Westbrook Greenhouses Plant 4 in St. Catharines), two vegetable greenhouses growers (Martens Greenhouses in Vineland and Berkel Greenhouse Inc in Simcoe) and the state-of-art new greenhouse of vegetable young plant propagator Proplant.
The inspiring networking we experienced during the bus tour continued the next two days on the show floor where we had the chance to meet a good amount of well-informed Canadian and North American greenhouse growers. As well as this there was an international presence as well; we were able to catch up with a large group of professionals from Down Under as well as entrepreneurs from upcoming industries such as China and Iran. Just to name a few.
In the coming weeks we will serve you with articles about the Canadian greenhouse industry, for now please enjoy our photo report from the conference.
Click here to view the photo report.
The 2015 edition of the Canadian Greenhouse Conference will take place on October 7th and 8th. See you then!
For more information about exhibiting in 2015, please contact:
Canadian Greenhouse Conference
Glenna Cairnie (e-mail)
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2023-02-07 Knowledge exchange at the hybrid seminar ‘From Farm to Fork China’ on February 22nd
- 2023-02-07 Texas A&M Plant Breeding Symposium set for February 16
- 2023-02-07 Event to focus on applied research in Canada's Agricultural Automation Cluster
- 2023-02-07 “Strong participation from the Netherlands during upcoming edition of HortEx Vietnam”
- 2023-02-07 Are you ready for the road to sustainable and profitable horticulture?
- 2023-02-06 France: National Strawberry Day returns to CTIFL on February 22
- 2023-02-06 US: Green Career Week coming up
- 2023-02-02 HortiFlora Expo comes back after four years of absence
- 2023-02-02 NL: Trade mission agriculture and water Mexico
- 2023-01-30 Picture time! Recap of IPM 2023
- 2023-01-30 IFPA opens nominations for 2023 Produce Excellence in Foodservice Awards program
- 2023-01-30 Randy Riley to present at 62nd American Seed Trade Association: Vegetable and Flower Seed Conference
- 2023-01-27 Dutch ambitions to make the international fresh food chain more sustainable
- 2023-01-27 IPM comes to an end
- 2023-01-27 CEA Alliance hosts first Washington, DC fly-in
- 2023-01-25 US (CA): CDFA offers mental health resources web page for farmers and farmworkers
- 2023-01-25 Sneak peek: what's happening at IPM Essen?
- 2023-01-24 Spain: Addressing new market demands at the Winter Open Field Days 2023 in Cartagena
- 2023-01-24 Positive vibes on the first day of IPM '23
- 2023-01-23 NL: Postharvest Unlimited Conference & Postharvest Ornamentals Symposium to take place simultaneously