This International Soilless Culture Symposium will focus on Hydroponics & Aquaponic systems under cover and outdoors and will be held under the auspices of the ISHS Commission Plant Substrates & Soilless Culture, and in particular the following working groups
• Working group Aquaponics
• Working group Hydroponics
The general program will consist of 3 days of Symposia in Plenary sessions, poster & Oral sessions as well as welcome cocktails, symposia dinner and full day farm & technical visits.
General Symposium Topics:• Worldwide impact of systems for soilless culture and aquaponics undercover and outdoors.
• Emission reduction of nutrients, waste products and plant protection products to the environment.
• Aquaponics: the combination of soilless plant production (hydroponics) and aquaculture (controlled production of aquatic animals)
• Water use efficiency and nutrient management.
• New analytical methods.
• Measuring, control and automation.
• Microbiological populations and beneficial predators in hydroponics and aquaponics.
• Root disease management of hydroponic systems.
• Organic hydroponics.
• Energy use efficiency of hydroponic systems.
• Plant Factories and optimising light spectra.
Call for oral and poster abstracts now open till 1st December 2014.
Organising Committee:• Mr. Graeme Smith – Convener & OC Chairman VIC
• Dr. Mike Nichols – Co‐Convenor NZ
• Mr. Damian Duggan‐Jones – Acta Editor NZ
• Mr. Geoff Connellan VIC
• Mr. Jonathan Eccles NSW
• Dr. Ian Porter VIC
• Dr. Len Tesoriero NSW
• Dr. Sophie Parks NSW
• Mr. Jonathan Lidbetter NSW
• Mr. Leigh Taig – Secretariat Liaison VIC
• Mr. Simon Monk/Ms. Emily Gangell (ASN Events)–PCO VIC
Click here for more info (PDF)
For more information:
Graeme Smith (CPAg)
Convener - ICESC2015: Hydroponics and Aquaponics at the Gold Coast
5th - 8th July - Jupiters Convention Centre
PO Box 789
Ph: +613 5427 2143
Cell: +61 (0)427 339 009