Top 5 -yesterday
- Taking the wisdom from indoor farming and bringing it into greenhouses
- Top tips for growing lettuce in a greenhouse
- Greenhouse grower purchases 75-acre greenhouse in Jalisco, Mexico
- "One thing's sure: there will be less lit cultivation next season"
- New type of strawberry harvester introduced to the market
Top 5 -last month
Blackmore’s precise cylinder seeder catches attention during Cultivate ’14
Seeding 1200 trays/hr without loosing precision
Jensen: “After introducing the first version of the seeder last year, several growers were testing it for months. We wanted to be perfectly sure that our new machine is 100% accurate, fast. Thanks to the feedback we had from our customers, we further improved the machine and we can now proudly say that is one of the most precise seeders on the market.
The most important improvement of the seeder is its structure which makes its use much more flexible and faster. The seeder generates double air current above the cylinder, which ensures that there are exactly as many seeds as needed, on the spot they needed. On top of this, the configuration of the seeding pattern and properties can now be changed according to the needs of the growers. Unlike other machines, you will not have to use a different drum. Growers can simply swap to a different configuration with the same drum, thanks to the multi option cylinder.
Another remarkable aspect of the machine is the speed of seeding with the new cylinder seeder. “This new machine is not only exceptional because of its fast and perfectly accurate seeding (about 1200 trays/hr), but also because of the ease and speed we can change between seed and hole sizes.
Even a few seconds might be enough to change between the four options available in order to switch hole size. “This makes the work of the seeder indeed fast and flexible. Basically it can seed everything from raw petunia to squash.”
The Blackmore Company
Lars Peter Jensen
Receive the daily newsletter in your email for free | Click here
Other news in this sector:
- 2022-07-07 New cold storage and research rooms put into operation at Proeftuin Randwijk
- 2022-07-07 Fruit that always has the best taste and bite thanks to All-in-One Spectral Cabinet
- 2022-06-30 50% more plants thanks to new strawberry cultivation system
- 2022-06-01 Proseal pioneers workable alternatives to plastic tray sealing
- 2022-05-27 European retailers called out for not going all-in on curtailing plastic pollution
- 2022-05-27 Is the economy threatening packaging sustainability?
- 2022-05-11 Drivers: the unsung heroes of the horticultural industry
- 2022-05-03 Canadian grower backs five-year plastics research project
- 2022-04-25 US (GA): Horticultural container manufacturer to invest $44 million in Toombs County
- 2022-04-06 Beekenkamp introduces new transport boxes for better automatic processing
- 2022-04-04 "Display enables nice placement of herbs and optimal brand presentation"
- 2022-03-30 Fast and flexible closing machine for cardboard trays with flaps
- 2022-03-30 'Perfecting trade amid overwhelming global developments'
- 2022-03-24 UK: Plastic Packaging Tax comes into force on April 1
- 2022-03-21 "Avoiding excess packaging and wastage"
- 2022-03-18 Wageningen University & Research extends roadmap for more sustainable food packaging
- 2022-03-17 "US shows a strong demand for flexible and innovative packaging lines for greenhouse-grown produce"
- 2022-03-17 "Refrigerated vehicles can be kept at service temperatures thanks to modern e-cooling systems"
- 2022-03-16 Belgian strawberry grower creates tool to asses sustainability of packaging
- 2022-03-16 "Where are paper prices headed? That's the big question"